25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Axes not working

Hi!

I just made a clean install of my system and somehow, I have problems with all joystick axes. Buttons work fine!

I use a 3 axis joystick and the THRLVRs.dll. Everything is calibrated and I can see how the axes move in the configuration software.

When I have the plane up and running, I can see how the cross moves on the PFD when I move the joystick. I can also see how the thrustlever indicators on the upper ecam screen move when I change the thrust lever setting with THRLVRs.dll. But the plane somehow doesn't execute these commands. The flight controls page on the lower ecam shows no movement, engines stay at idle. I can see how the model moves the flaps up and down, but ailerons do not move at all.

Is this a software or a pilot problem?

Thanks!

Edit: Sorry, this thread landed not in the intended subforum..

75+ Posting Member

Re: Axes not working

Hi, there are several steps to fix it. Its indeed a windows problem.

I have had this issue too....

First of all, check game controller settings of each joystick. have a look there if neutral position is moving here as well. If it does do things according this list:

1. unplug usb cable of all joysticks
    2. restart pc
    3. reconnect first usb cable (only one joystick
    4. go to game controller settings of replugged joystick
    5. use the calibration mode in game controller settings to calibrate the joystik
    6. open FMGSConfig.exe and recalibrate the joystick you have currently calibrated.
    7. start the simulator and open settings tab.
    8. go to the controller settings and delete all axes which were defined by default by prepar3d or fsx concering the repluged joystick.
    9. start jeehell FMGS and test joystick.

If it is working, repeat this steps with all joysticks...

The step unplugging and reconnect usb cable is very important... dont know why, but on my system it has to be done.

Kindly give me a short review if it has been working and fixed your problem.

BTW. in case u have reseted your whole system, be sure you have installed all windows updates first.

Best Regards! Marco

EDIT. on my system, one of all joysticks were losing the neutral position step by step when moving... no matter how, try to proceed like listed above.

25+ Posting Member

After it suddenly disappeard, the problem returned after the update to 44.0 and 44.1. Unfortunately, your list didnt help either.

The most important points to note are, that I can see the cross moving on the PFD, so the joystick works. I can even move speed brakes and flaps, so I'm sure this isnt a hydraulic problem..

EDIT: As I said, I can move the speed brakes with a slider axis on the joystick. When I reassign one of the non-working axis (elevator) to this working slider, it still doesnt work. So for sure not a controller, but a problem of the software

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

I'm pretty sure the software is working correctly...

I would start making sure you did not install unnecessary hardware modules. If you don't need FSUIPC module, or CPfkight, etc... do not install them, they may interfere.
    Also check the fmgsserver log file, and post it here.

25+ Posting Member

Thanks jeehell. I had indeed FSUIPC installed. This because I need the THRLVRs.dll (I know FSUIPC is not necessary for this). But when I just add the Hardware Modules folder and copy the dll into it, it doesnt get started when I start the FMGS, only when I start the configuration. So how can I use the dll without installing a hardware module?

Thanks!

Not sure what you mean here exactly, but there is probably a disruption if you run the FMGS Config APP along the FMGS suite.
    To have the THRLVR window appear, you need to have the hardwareconnect.exe running. If it's not running, it probably means that it is not selected in the A320FMGS\Starter.ini file? Check you have the line HardwareConnect=yes

JL