Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: 212 FRAME RATES!

Quote Originally Posted by fordgt40 View Post
    Tony

I use wideview, not just for better frame rates (which is proven on my machine), but also because it gives me accurate side views which can be properly lined up with the front view.

If I recall correctly, Triple head togo enlarges the front view only and then spreads that across three monitors, that gives a distorted view. So we are not comparing apples with apples.

In respect of frame rates, I cannot achieve anything like yours even on a single 4.4ghz machine - indeed I would love 30fps when banking over London. It all depends on the use of addons eg photorealistic scenery, cloud draw distances, screen resolution, airport and 3d building density, AI traffic and weather engines etc. These addons are down to personal preference and expectations. Doubtless I could get much better frame rates, but the visual experience would be inadequate to me.

David
    Thankyou for your comments.
    My front monitors match exactly with the resolutions required to display correctly with the outside view. My side monitors are built from "new window" and undocked and moved into position. Adjustments are made to match in with the front views. The overall front and side views lock together to provide a seamless 180 degree view. Bank angles are handled extremely well, but there are of course limitations.

I am experimenting with addons and it does not seem to matter what I do in this regard, the frame rates never drop below 170.

Happy flying!

TONY

500+ This must be a daytime job

Quote Originally Posted by manhattan View Post
    My front monitors match exactly with the resolutions required to display correctly with the outside view. My side monitors are built from "new window" and undocked and moved into position. Adjustments are made to match in with the front views. The overall front and side views lock together to provide a seamless 180 degree view. Bank angles are handled extremely well, but there are of course limitations.
    My comments about a distorted front view with TH2Go were based on posts by a number of other enthusiasts who tried and discarded TH2Go because of their dissatisfaction with the "spread view"

Perhaps you have solved it and/or have a different view

David

Tony

I use wideview, not just for better frame rates (which is proven on my machine), but also because it gives me accurate side views which can be properly lined up with the front view.

If I recall correctly, Triple head togo enlarges the front view only and then spreads that across three monitors, that gives a distorted view. So we are not comparing apples with apples.

In respect of frame rates, I cannot achieve anything like yours even on a single 4.4ghz machine - indeed I would love 30fps when banking over London. It all depends on the use of addons eg photorealistic scenery, cloud draw distances, screen resolution, airport and 3d building density, AI traffic and weather engines etc. These addons are down to personal preference and expectations. Doubtless I could get much better frame rates, but the visual experience would be inadequate to me.

David
    "spread" or "stretched" view with 3 to go does not seem apparent with my system? A local top flight engineer built it for me and as far as I know, did nothing spectacular apart from installing good grade materials etc. When I first set up FS, the outside view appears on all three screens unstretched. No tweaking is required.

I think that it should be borne in mind that this is after all just a very sophisticated "game" and very close to real is good enough for most simmers.

TONY (ex pilot)

Tony

I think we all know that FSX is a game. There is a balance between performance and visual candy, we will have differing expectations. As a "non pilot" I must clearly have a different view to you as an "ex pilot"

Rather than dredge up links to illustrate some earlier points, I will take your assertion that your th2go system is free from perceived inadequacies that others have experienced. It is all in the eye of the beholder. I think this aspect of the thread has run its course.

Happy flying

David

Tony

I think we all know that FSX is a game. There is a balance between performance and visual candy, we will have differing expectations. As a "non pilot" I must clearly have a different view to you as an "ex pilot"

Rather than dredge up links to illustrate some earlier points, I will take your assertion that your th2go system is free from perceived inadequacies that others have experienced. It is all in the eye of the beholder. I think this aspect of the thread has run its course.

Happy flying

David
    I guess the thread will die as and when? Just thought I would mention my sim to those that are struggling with frame rates.

Thanks for your contributions.

TONY

300+ Forum Addict

HI Tony,
    could you make a screenshot from your fsx cfg file ,and list your pc components
    I have a top end pc , dont use wide view ,
    have a watercooled system that doesn`t go further then 55 degrees full steam overclocked at a stable 4,6 Ghz and no bsods.
    spend last year 3500 euro just for ssd,s (1 for OS and one for FSX)
    memory , motherboard , processor and videocards all watercooled.

OS and FSX tweaked by proffessional in the IT industry,
    using all the most proofed tweaks and also
    try and discard procedure by spending a lot of time to fiddle the files.

I find it very hard to believe that you have 212 frames , without any tweaking at all.

I have made serious attempts to config fsx to the upper fps, never gone beyond 125 fps with a few essentials add ons like weather, Aes , some dutch scenery and using flight 1 cessna 172( because I have build a cessna 172 sim in a cessna frontsection
    My wet dream is to use my set up with A2a Cessna 172 but its not working with Simkits usb devices)

using a second pc for driving the instruments,radio`s and downloading weather/routes , so all the power from the main Pc is used for FSX , and still not getting near your framerates

also looking at the fsx community the main question that goes around is framerates, framerates and framerates

looking at your quote``Just thought I would mention my sim to those that are struggling with frame rates``
    Not explaining how You come to those fps more technical,
    I`m wondering , what`s the point.

I have read a lot of statements like yours, but never backed up with proof.

Please don`t feel offended, but with a statement like yours especially when you say that you experimenting with add-ons not dropping under 170 fps ,

I would like some proof that backs up your statement, as I`m struggling with framerates ,have spend a lot of time and money for some decent framerates.
    Am I fixated on framerates and good working pc/fsx ,
    I would think so, its a hobby so I would like to get the most of it

Kind regards
    Kermit

Tony

What version of FS are you using?

David

300+ Forum Addict

Yes and there are fairies at the bottom of the garden..............................

Brian W.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Olieman View Post
    Thanks for the info Tony. I think most of us would like the same results, that's why the questions.... Please share with us how you are able to do that.

Thanks,
    Matt O.
    Hi Matt.

Further to my frame rate discovery, I run FS2004 as oppose to FX10 which may be the reason why so high frame rates? I doubt this but it is food for thought?
    Apart from this, a clean computer with good graphics cards and digital monitors and high ram are all that I have and I am sure that most members have this?
    Even in full screen, the frame rates don't drop below 80 - but I don't use full screen.

Frame rates as of today - 190.

TONY.

Tony

The difference between 2004 and FSX frame rates is VERY significant indeed as is full screen, or not, and screen resolution.

I can get 400 frames a sec, ah but that is with sublogic 1.

If you are going to make statements such as why "bother" with wideview then you need to be very clear about your configuration. Particularly as FS2004 users are now a minority.

David

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast