10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

pmsystems won't communicate!

Hi All,

We have been for the last 3 weeks converting a multi pc magenta system to a two pc crossover network system. We are running fsx on one pc and everything else on the other pc. Fsx and wides are communicating fine but all of the pm software isn't doing a thing ! Can't even get interfaceit to talk to pmsystems. I can view shared folders from each pc fine so I know the network is working. When I use pm file check it says I need to run flight simulator but is running and wide fs confirms that. Pmfilecheck can see version of fsuipc. I have shared all file as per pm instructions. The only difference is that the pm software is now on one pc running windows 7 64bit. All hardware has been connected and checked. The network is communicating. I just can't get
    Magenta to talk to and thing! Please help this project has been very frustrating and costly. Is there any way of checking connection to pm software ?

Many thanks

James

10+ Posting Member

Re: pmsystems won't communicate!

I may be wrong but my understanding is that PM must be run on individual computers, i.e. one for the captains PFD, one for the first officer PFD, one for PM Systems, one for uppers EICAS, etc. I think SIM A from FDS can be run on one computer.

10+ Posting Member

PM can be run on one pc. Do you really think a flight sim manufacturer would have room for 8 top end pc's to run a sim. The logic says it will work but in practice there are many hurdles to jump. I will continue on. On a lighter note Enrico at magenta has been helping where he can.

Many thanks for your reply.

10+ Posting Member

Oh cool, I didn't know that. Mine is a 5 PC set up networked. Good luck with your project!