25+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Multiple user error issues & questions

Hi All, Hope to solve some annoying probably pilot error problems with your help.

1) Which METAR do I believe? The WX in JH or P3D as they don't appear to be the same.

2) Overspeed on climb. So I've done a nice FLEX and moved throttles to CLB however the engines just don't stop! Moving into Over-speed very rapidly. My Managed mode (set by the cost index) looks good but the display doesn't recognize the throttle selection. This can be fixed quickly by turning auto thrust off then on again when it recognizes CLB

3) On Approach everything's going well, speed and decent on ILS goes well then for no apparent reason (in approach mode) Auto-thrust goes mental and puts me into a steep climb and as per 2) goes into over-speed very quickly. (At which point I turn AT off and manually go around and land but even this has problems as AT will automatically engage and repeat. I have to be pretty quick to keep turning it off.).

4) STARS routing is mental with ludicrous turns, overflying the runway at 2000ft only to climb back to FL80 to immediately descend again. It's like this on nearly all approaches and I usually end up clearing most of the STAR until I get a nice intercept path. Why?

5) I still can't get NAVdata into JH. Which directory should I use for Navdatapro and JH. I've tried both A320FGMS and A320FGMS/Navdata but nothing seems to change it. I'm running it on all PC's and have tried it in both.

6) The Airbus manual says I should engage a DESCENT mode, but I can't find one on the Descent page in the FGMS.

These are the core of my problems at the moment and if I can get these fixed I'll be a very happy chappy. Hope you can help

Cheers
    Edward

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Re: Multiple user error issues & questions

The weather grabbed from the MCDU menu is a real time (live) metar report. If your fsx/p3d weather is not updated it will not agree.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

25+ Posting Member

Ah that's a bit of a problem.....

P3D isn't designed for real time weather as it's scenario training focused and I'm trying to get to grips with the scenerio manager.

So... If I am doing stormy weather approaches at Beijing (where we have a storm season at the end of summer) on a day where it's 32 degrees outside (I live within site of Beijing International) then I have some ... issues...

JH ... would it be possible to get WX from P3D as well as in real time? Maybe something for the feature request list.

Edward

FMGS will use the weather INJECTED into fsx/p3d, be it from active sky next, opus or whatever program you use.

the MCDU weather function is just a LOOKUP function for convenience. If you are injecting weather that is not live, then you can just ignore the metar lookup function found on the mcdu.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

25+ Posting Member

yes but won't that that will effect the FMGS performance which is based on that information?

Update: ah no it won't because it doesn't take data directly doh. For some reason I was thinking it might effect performance metrics, but I enter those from P3D and all will be well.

Still think it would be a nice feature to call P3D weather from the FMGS to save ruining the experience with using built in ATIS though

I don't think the winds function of the mcdu to calculate your VNAV profile is working.