Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

BU0836X BODNARS module

Hi folks.

I have just bought a BU0836X module from Bodnar and I cannot see how to programme it! How do I tell the button numbers which key presses to emulate - eg I might want button 31 when activated, to move trim up? How do I instruct this? I am sure there's a simple answer? can any Bodnar users help me?

Many thanks.

TONY Plymouth UK

25+ Posting Member

Re: BU0836X BODNARS module

Same way you program the functions of a joystick . After plugging the card, it is recognised as a joystick and all buttons/axes become visible in control panel- game controllers. If you own a registered copy of FSUIPC , you program button/axes functions via FSUIPC assignments. If not, then you go to flight sim settings -assignments - buttons - click twice to let's say "trim up" , then press button 31 , then Ok and button 31 is now assigned to trim up .

Quote Originally Posted by Zlatko View Post
    Same way you program the functions of a joystick . After plugging the card, it is recognised as a joystick and all buttons/axes become visible in control panel- game controllers. If you own a registered copy of FSUIPC , you program button/axes functions via FSUIPC assignments. If not, then you go to flight sim settings -assignments - buttons - click twice to let's say "trim up" , then press button 31 , then Ok and button 31 is now assigned to trim up .
    Hi Zlatko.

Under "Joystick" heading, in the "change assignment" panel, I can only type in the number 3 - it won't accept 31? I notice that all other joystick buttons that are there by default, seem to have a zero and a single number? Double numbers don't appear? Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help.

TONY.

500+ This must be a daytime job

Tony,
    In the " Change assignment " panel you just have to press which button you want to be assigned to that function.
    No numbers need to be entered.
    So in your case with the Bodnar board, connect a switch to an input. Select Bodnar board as the Joystick and
    select function in FSX to change assignment and close the switch you just connected. The input should then show
    the new assignment button number for your Board. Voila you now have that switch controlling that function in FSX.
    Just remember also that if you want to use the analogue inputs(Potentiometers for eg Flaps) these must be connected
    to the board before starting the PC or they wont show up.
    Les

25+ Posting Member

Hi Toni,
    It seems that it might be a problem with the way buttons are connected to Bodnar Card or possible conflict with another joystick plugged in your PC. When buttons are connected to Bodnar Card, it is best to start from button 01 - then 02 - 03 and not leave empty button plugs while connecting a button to a higher number of button plug (31 for example).
    It might be a good idea to do the following test:
    Unplug all other joysticks. Then connect your button to plug 01 of the Bodnar Card. Then plug the card itself in the USB , go to Control Panel - Game Controllers and see if under BU0836X settings the button appeared and is active ( when you press it, it becomes red). If that is the case, then you should't have any problem assigning functions to that button the way Les explained it already.
    As for the Axes and Encoders Configuration - Bodnar Cards got some additional config software. Yo can manage
    perfectly fine without it , but if you need that extra config software anyway, you need to go to their web site and download some of the files and schematics , under download section :
    http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index....roducts_id=180