25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Strange happenings with Arduino and Link2FS

Very odd thing here...

I'm using FS9, SwitecX25 steppers and library, Dreamfleet 727, Arduino Uno (as well as Arduino Mega 2650) and Link2FS Experts for FS9 with FSUIPC offsets.

On Saturday I did a 45-minute flight to test my N1 and N2 gauges and all went perfectly (including my landing).

On Sunday, I could not get ANYTHING to transmit through Link2FS. Both tests of the Uno and the Mega 2650 showed they were receiving and transmitting data...no changes in my script, no changes in pin assignments, all wires attached correctly but nothing going to or coming from Link2FS to Arduino. The Link2FS monitor function shows data capture and changes but absolutely zero movement on either gauges.

The ports were correct for first the Uno (Com 3) and then the Mega 2650 (Com 6). The FSUIPC offsets were correct with the proper boxes ticked.

I did a stand-alone test thru Arduino, first with the Uno and then with the Mega 2650 and the stepper example (one revolution at-a-time) and the gauges worked perfectly.

I deleted Link2FS and reinstalled.
    I did a disk defrag.
    I re-started.
    Overnight, I shut the computer down.

This morning (Monday), still nothing.

Same tests were performed thru the Arduino examples and nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

Perhaps overnight on Saturday, there was a Windows XP update which is balling-up the works. I will try doing a roll-back to Saturday to see if that changes anything but I can't imagine it would.

Any clues as to what's happening (or not happening) here?

Jay
    KFLL

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Strange happenings with Arduino and Link2FS

Operator error!

I discovered the issue....the script was changed slightly---

Somehow, a letter was mistakenly deleted in the script and it was so minor that my failing eyes did not catch it.

Live and learn.

Onwards and upwards!

Jay
    KFLL

3. Likes xflight38 liked this post