Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Opencockpit Airbus radio module

Hi Brian,

discussed with OC - they can create a custom version but it more than doubles the price. A little too much just to control the backlight

Perhaps the backlighting is a small oversight and something I can just ignore.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Looks like you can backlight control the opencockpit radios (or any of their devices)

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21672

"By the way, if any one interested, you can isolate the backlighting of the O/C Efis by cutting the cables number 1 and 2 of J2 (in the first board). Pin 1 of J2 connects all the negatives of the 24 leds and pin 2 all the +5v. so, if you cut appart those two cables of the 10 pins parallel that connects J2 of the upper board (the one with the leds) to J1 of the third board (the one st the bottom) and solder a 4 ohms 1W resistor to the cable 2 (obviously, to the end that comes out of J2, not the one that goes to J1), you can take those two cables to what ever you are using to control/dimm your backlight system (a pot and an USBOutput board in my case).

But careful: that will finish OC's guarantee
    It seems thatthe OC NAV, COM and ATC modules work the same, but I have not tryed yet"

Sounds complex -- perhaps I should get my local electrician to do it
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

150+ Forum Groupie

Just a point for interest, I got one of these modules to act as a backup when the AST MCDU crashes (regularly) and I then start this module to enable me to tune the nav radios and complete the flight. If I run it all the time it overwrites the MCDU, the main com radios and the transponder but it is possible to turn off functions you don't need in the config. Just need to heed this if running the module in a mixed setup, pity it doesn't work on the basis of "last one tuning".
    An update on my sim by the way, I have got all the new hardware bits to enable me to move from AST to Jeehell so I'll be back in here more often I guess!
    Barry
    www.a320sim.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12