Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

The SIM-MODULES - A New Interface Solution

Hi folks,

here are some pictures of the first DIY-DesktopSim solely powered by The SIM-MODULES, a brand-new and alternative electronic interface solution. This simulator is used as a development prototype to do some final testing and improvements on the I/O cards and software, which might be released later this year.

The main goal of this project was to create a full IFR-enabled twinjet simulator (biz-jet or regional airliner), that does not consume too much space and can be stowed away and get ready to fly again within minutes. It consists of three parts (lower switch-panel, main instrument panel and glareshield with MCP) which can easily be (re-)moved by one person. Everything is based on a regular office desk - so, after work you get rid of your office stuff, put the cockpit in place and you're ready for departure!

The electronics behind the scenes have been in development for the last couple of years. Depending on the interest within the cockpit building community, the whole system might be made available to the public later this year.

If you are interested, feel free to like the Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/simmodules) to get the latest news, or visit http://www.sim-modules.at for more information.

Happy landings!
    best regards from Vienna,

Chris Hauser

regards,
    Christopher Hauser
    ---------------------------------

w w w . s i m - m o d u l e s . a t

[ Avionic Kits for Flight Simulation ]

75+ Posting Member

Re: The SIM-MODULES - A New Interface Solution

The website says the interface is USB/RS232. Why use an interface technology that is over 20 years old and call it a "new" solution?

And what is USB/RS232?

Sorry, I have a problem with using USB when there are more modern ways to do things!

Re: The SIM-MODULES - A New Interface Solution

So tell me... what is a more modern way to do things than USB....?

There are several reasons to use the interface technology that is used - it's cheap, simple, fast, reliable and very flexible to use. I guess that's about everything you want from a hardware interface.

If you want some visual proof of how well the system works, feel free to check out the following video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lE3UbcOmNw

have a nice day!
    Chris
    regards,
    Christopher Hauser
    ---------------------------------

w w w . s i m - m o d u l e s . a t

[ Avionic Kits for Flight Simulation ]