Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Getting Panels Engraved?

Thank You, John
    I don’t own a laser, and the local sign maker does the cutting/ engraving for me.
    But those guys put me trough the challenge to paint the panel my self (pretty awkward decision).
    Besides – the way you protecting Plexy from the paint thinner, by keeping the Plexy glossy finish is ingenious. Thanks for the good tip, I am learning something new every single day. ( Most on Saturdays and Sundays though , when people from this brilliant forum are more active. Thanks again.

25+ Posting Member

Hi Zlatko

Its generally ok to spray celly ( not really advisable) over acrylic but not the other way round.
    The body trade will tell you use the same throughout...but as celly is a LOT more home spray friendly its well worth the chance...having said that I have not had one panel react or flake since I started.

I would like to see some pics of the panels ???? (they inspire me and others!).
    from what part of Blighty do you hail?

John

25+ Posting Member

Originally from Bulgaria and live there, apart from the time when I am allocated for a couple of months to Swansea (Wales) or Morden ( South London) . I am really amazed by the fact how many people are building panels, entire sims , electronics, etc. here in Wales, compared to my country. .
    For the panels – noting yet to show and to be proud of, just a CorelDraw –ish vague resemblance of a Bendix King Radio Stack for Cessna and a piece of cut Opal Plexy with holes in it. But wait – soon I’ll show you all, what I am capable of ( or at least – what local sign makers are capable of – and this is not much for the moment. ( regarding flight sim panels making) . Right from this moment I feel, that at the end of the day I will be looking for your e@mail . But let’s do some experimentation and child’s play first.

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
    Hi Henri

I have a laser (bought originally with the intention of making my panels and then selling it ...but its just too much fun to sell!!!!)

I have made many panels for other users (here and other forum) and a few for other users..I am definitely NOT expensive as this is not a huge money making enterprise as such its more to further the hobby for people and put a sim in the grasp of the poor (like me)
    Currently, however, I am restricted to A4 (or so) sheets. But when I move to my new house later this year I will be making a larger cutting bed (around 600 x400)... people tell me my work is as good as the commercial boys so you can always ask!

( I can pop some pictures up of my work)

John
    John, are you still making panels? Can you work with dwg files?

75+ Posting Member

capetonian

Yes I am still making panels what are you after ?

I can work from dwg files but sometimes I have to do a little work on them (not usually a problem) as some text and shapes get a bit "confused" during the import process.
    Pop me a copy of the file.

Pm me for my email

John
    Old, tired & broke (shouldn't be allowed out really)

6. Likes BrentonSpear liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345