Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Biting The Bullet: Cockpit Building and FSX Steam Edition

I noticed that FSX: Steam Edition was only $4.99 USD today. FSX Disk Edition only allows three activations, and I had already used the third when I rebooted a new OS onto my Sim Computer. FSX Steam Edition supposedly runs a lot better than the original. The only con I've heard thus far is that FSOPEN server software doesn't work with it, and Vatsim is still being fixed for it, which means no multiplayer not full of trolls and people who can't fly for the time being. Fortunately, I heard from someone that the HS748 software is confirmed working on Steam Edition, as is FSUIPC, so I figured I'd give it a try. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

300+ Forum Addict

Re: Biting The Bullet: Cockpit Building and FSX Steam Edition

What do you mean you're only allowed three activations ? I have installed my FSX Gold edition at least ten times already. Or is this some other edition ?
    I have bought Steam as well because of the low price but I dislike the idea of being connected to their server in order to be able to fly, and my FSX is running smooth as silk at the moment (fingers crossed), so I haven't installed it.

update : I understand that in the newest release you can fly offline.
    Gigabyte GA-Z97X - Intel i7 4790K@4,6 GHz - GSkill TridentX F3-2400C9D-8GTXD - 2 X Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - Seagate SSHD 2TB - Asus GTX780 DC2 OC 3GD5 - Windows 10 Professional 64

Well, my FSX is running smooth as well, but I figured that FSX Steam will run smoother.

As per the activations, you can reactivate it on the same computer as much as you want, but if you change computers or reboot with a fresh OS, then AFAIK you can only do three before you need to switch to phone activations (I could be wrong). I've also decided after posting this that I will not install FSX SE until I make a computer switch or OS reboot, as my current FS setup seems to work fine.

300+ Forum Addict

I think you're wrong. I have build 4 or 5 flightsim computers since FSX first came out and installed the same FSX disks over and over again with the same license. But for your OS it's true, you have to phone activate after a few installs with the same license. No big deal, though, it's a fully automated process.
    Gigabyte GA-Z97X - Intel i7 4790K@4,6 GHz - GSkill TridentX F3-2400C9D-8GTXD - 2 X Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - Seagate SSHD 2TB - Asus GTX780 DC2 OC 3GD5 - Windows 10 Professional 64

Good to know. Still, SE will come in handy should my disk break or I lose it.