Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

So long and farewell Guys

Hi Guys ,, as of today I am retiring from Mycockpit in fact I'm retiring from the Flightsim community.(except online flying)

Some of you will be aware that a babble-mouthed Guy savagely insulted me personally (ME ,, not my software) on his site and I need to react to the situation.
    Unfortunately for him I am not going to just ignore it and I'm not going to just fade away.

If I stay here then it will bring the fight to Mycockpit so I have to leave.

It is probably good timing in a way ,,, My mission was to introduce the Arduino to the flightsim community and I think I have done that pretty well.
    To accomplish that I had to make various programs to suit knowing that sooner or later, better stuff will come along one day.
    In reality it has amazed me that my run has lasted so long.

Anyway ,,, so what are the options ,,
    Obviously Link2fs
    FSUIPC using LUA
    The Mobiflight project
    Also I am aware of 2 other programs coming thru ,, one is in 'Closed Beta' testing right now so it wont be too far away if all goes well ,,, the other one is well developed but not near a beta testing state yet.
    To me ,, from what I have seen ,, they don't offer the same versatility as my software but they are easier to get started on, so that in itself will be a plus for the newbie.

So you can see from the above that the Arduino's future is assured within the Flightsim environment ,, it no longer needs me to keep pushing the idea.
    With software options now exploding ,, the Arduino is now firmly established and will no longer be seen as "A bit of a novelty" by some people.

I will probably be releasing some new (non Arduino) programs sometime in the future but things for me will be a bit volatile shortly so they are all on hold ,, I may even stop downloads from my site for a while.

As far as this forum area is concerned it would be good if some-one took over the overview and ran as a moderator ,,, if you are keen then see Matt.

And what about the content of these sub-forums ?? ,,, that would totally depend on who ever pops in and takes the helm (Moderator) ,, he could just stay Link2fs or open it out to anything ,, it is in the M$FS and Freeware area tho.

To the Guys that helped out A BIG THANK YOU ,, you Guys are amazing ,, taking on other peoples problems and helping out the needs of some-one else is a treasured gift.
    That is what the flightsim community is all about.

And finally to Matt ,,, thanks heaps Matt for putting up with me ,, I couldn't have done it without your help and assistance and like lots of other things ,, flightsimmers have learnt heaps thru your generosity of running Mycockpit.org
    We will meet again.

Take care Guys and I'll see you ,,, Jim
    I'm gone.
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar

Re: So long and farewell Guys

Sad to see a developer go just cause of some person that has nothing else to do in its life than critizice rhe good work some people are trying to do.

Wish you the best and keep your simming up and going.

Farewell from Roberto Soriano

MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar

Sad to see a developer go just cause of some person that has nothing else to do in its life than critizice rhe good work some people are trying to do.

Wish you the best and keep your simming up and going.

Farewell from Roberto Soriano

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Hi Jim,
    I have been following you for many years now and I have always been so impressed at the significant contribution that you make to our community. It is very sad that you feel the need to retire, you will be missed.
    regards,

Chris

25+ Posting Member

Hi Jim,

It's very sad that you retire from this project and from Mycockpit.
    I want to give you a big thanks for your contribution for the community.

I also want to say that your are the major reason why I start to make my home cockpit project. Without your software, I never start to build my dream.

Just like me, I believe that are thousands of people who are appreciated for your projects. Don't let one person take you down.

I wish you the best and thanks again for everything.

500+ This must be a daytime job

Jim,

I'm sorry for your troubles, sounds like a pain. Link2FS helped motivate me to restart my sim hobby, thank you so much. Please come back when you can. Also, if there is ever anything I can aid you with please let me know. I am no expert with your software, but if no one more qualified steps up in the next week or so, I will volunteer to support the forum in your absence. Again, best of luck to you, please say hello from time to time.

Buddy

150+ Forum Groupie

Jim,

Stay in touch, man.
    You've been too important to so many of us in making impossible dreams become created reality.
    What you have done here, is NOT just supply a 3rd party interface for use.
    Yes, Link2FS is fantastic.
    But more than that, you have opened the door to geeks like me to get started and then go farther than we have imagined possible.

As for the lame dude that took the time to trashed you...

Piss on him.

It probably means you are famous.

~Fess
    I will only ever be, half the Geek that I wished I was.
    TheGeekForge.Com

I am almost speechless! Fortunately just almost
    Your contributions to us Simmer's is, and will forever be, priceless.
    The highlight of many days, is a visit to the forum, for new ideas and help.
    There are so many bright minds, who have contributed here.
    From the bottom of my heart, thanks for your perseverance with us for as long as you have.
    Best of luck for the future.

Roy.........
    Life was hard, but then came Windows 7.
    Now we can fly! --------
    --------

25+ Posting Member

Hi Jim,
    I don’t know whom was the guy insulting you, but he probably got a pretty good reason to be jealous. Since your software is the most complete and versatile out there.
    It is like Linux/Unix operating system - runs the ‘locomotive’ engine fast and flawless and it doesn’t ask the machinist to constantly put coins in the slot. To say it differently – With Link2Fs You brought Arduino free spirit within our community, and this is something special. So, I thank you for what you did for us. There is some alternative software out there, you say. But what I think is - Link2Fs will keep proving itself over the years to come. I personally can’t see any good reason to move to something else, so I’ll stick with Link2fs. And finally - if we could be of any help to you or to your project, just let us know.

Hi Jim

Im back in sim business after 3 year with other activities. But I have now and then checked out your site, and this forum, and I must say there have been many many times during this 3 year that I have wanted to go back to continuing simbuilding.

Ive also been aware of the good work you have done during this time. Very good work.

Your Link2fs inspired me to build my own cockpit, and combine the interest for electronics and flying at the same time. Link2fs was the thing I just needed to get going. Many Thanks to You for that Jim.

I really hope of all of my heart, that we all simbuilders hear from You in a near future.

Take care

Christina

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast