Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Need help to make autopilot panel

Hii.....Frndz..... m new to this world of building home cockpit...but tried few things to create my own autopilot panel. with arduino mega 2560, Encoders, and 7 segment display using Max7219cng driver.

Require Help on

1. ENCODERS
    Attachment 9965
    Tried to program this encoders through link2fs D programming option but only able to set clockwise or anti clockwise.
    for eg. If in need to set my altitude require 1 encoder for increment and 1 for decrement. then only it works.

2. Require 7 Segment Display for Course set, Heading set, Airspeed set, Altitude set, V/S set.
    20150218_004707.jpg
    When try to run different example sketch for running 7 segment it works, how to run the autopilot data on 7 segment through link2fs. Can any one help me out with the sketch please.

Thanks in advance........
    Last edited by mustafasoni; 02-17-2015 at 06:25 PM.

500+ This must be a daytime job

Re: Need help to make autopilot panel

Hi there, welcome to the forum. Can you tell us what type of encoder you have? There are many styles/modes so it would help to know what you have. There should be no issue getting any of the different styles to work, look closely at the encoders example sketches and look at the noteworthy threads at the top of this sub-forum. The AP values to display are selected in Link2FS, and are under the SimConnect Extractions(1) tab. You will see they begin with the equals sign '='. So =b is the altitude set. This is the value you would read to display on your 7-segment displays. To set this value, you would look under the SimConnect Inputs tab, and scroll down to the Autopilot section. You will see that B11 increments the AP altitude setting, and B12 decrements the AP altitude setting. So to increase this value you would write serial data like this: Serial.println ("B11")

It takes a little bit to get it figured out, but keep going, it's really cool when you get it.

25+ Posting Member

Hey buddy...thanks for the reply....can u help me with the sketch how to write....as i told m new and a begineer....

The type of encoder use is multi key.....rotary and push switch.....

25+ Posting Member

Hey buddy...thanks for the reply....can u help me with the sketch how to write as i told m new and a begineer....

The type of encoder use is multi key rotary and push switch

25+ Posting Member

20150218_005156.jpgs

Encoder pic

25+ Posting Member

Can u help me with the sketch how to write.....

25+ Posting Member

Can anyone help me with this.....awaiting for some response.....

Have you looked at any of the example code that is supplied with Link2FS. It's kind of hard to help someone with complex code development like an Auto Pilot starting from a blank slate.

Encoders can be a bit of a mind bender for someone new to writing code. What experience do you have? Have you looked at a basic sample code that came with Link2FS? Do you understand it and can you make it work doing the basics like reading extractions, lighting LEDs, sending commands to FSX? If so then there's a stepping off point to start to get into encoders and 7 segment displays.

It's best if you get some basic code working and then as you run into problems post your code with specific questions. With that as a starting point people will be more able to assist.
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: FSX w/Aclrtn Pk, FSUIPC4, ASN, UTX, GEX, REX 4

25+ Posting Member

Hey Tom thanks for reply

Treid multi key rotary encoder sketch which came with link2fs problem face as i mentioned earlier

Tried to program this encoders through link2fs D programming option but only able to set clockwise or anti clockwise.
    for eg. If in need to set my altitude require 1 encoder for increment and 1 for decrement. then only it works.

As u stated i already work out...just got stuck in getting display on 7 segment.....

Let me give u a brief idea abou my project.....

Toggle and push switch use through keyboard emulator...
    Encoder use to increasing and decreasing Crs/Hdg/Ias/Alt/Vs throught arduino mega/uno
    7 segment use only for displaying panel data through arduino using display driver Max7219cng....

really appriciate for help

So, if I am understanding correctly you have two issues: 1. Getting the encoder to work correctly; and, 2. Getting the 7 segment displays to work correctly. If that's not the case please clarify.

Assuming it is let's talk encoders first. Can you post the code you are using and maybe a diagram of how you have your encoder connected. Also need to better understand what type of encoder you are using. Is it quarter, half, or full cycle? If you're not sure perhaps you could post the manufacturer and part number so we can identify it.
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: FSX w/Aclrtn Pk, FSUIPC4, ASN, UTX, GEX, REX 4

11. Thanks mustafasoni thanked for this post
    Likes BuzziBi liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast