Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Problem with Glass Cockpit Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Proudfoot View Post
    Hi Jerry,

That's a lovely setup you have there.

I would recommend you install the complete PM738 and if you want to add different repaints edit the aircraft.cfg and include them in additional [flightsim.x] sections. That will ensure you use all the features PM intended.

But you might want to try the default PM737 first just to see if it's an improvement over your existing one.
    The PM 737-800 flight model is not very good.
    instead of gliding down with idle throttles at descent it keeps them at 50-60%.
    workaround : disable AT --- manually pull throttles to idle --- re-engage AT

When descending the speeds increases instead of being stable and one has to use the speedbrake almost the whole descent.

An autoland will not work correctly : after capturing the GS the PM AP and default 737 AP then interfear with eachother , even with the CDU set to PM AP.
    Result : bouncing up/down and speed to high. No normal autoland possible .
    AT at GS makes the approach better but still it is difficult to maintain lower speeds.

Four years ago a new build solved this but the issue re-appeared with newer builds,

Twenty days ago I posted to tickets and also sent an email to PM. Never had any answer.

So I started working on the issues myself. I compared the airfiles and aircraft.cfg files from the default 737 , the PM 737 and the Ifly 737.
    After days of testing I cam up with a flightmodel that descents way better and what is capable of following the glideslope very good ( manual thrust at low speed, no Autoland ).

If you want to try sent me a pm and I will sent you a dl link from WeTransfer.

Regards,
    Gerard
    Last edited by Saldo; 11-20-2015 at 03:45 AM.

2. Thanks Ray Proudfoot thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12