10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Rev sim throttle trim wheels don't work anymore

Hi,

Couple of years ago i bougth a rev sim products full auto throttle.
    Today, my trim wheels are not working anymore (sometimes they do, sometimes they dont ...)
    Does anyone has experience with this problem and how to solve it ?
    Regards,

Marc.

75+ Posting Member

Re: Rev sim throttle trim wheels don't work anymore

I have lots of experience with RSP throttle quadrants. There are a few most likely issues that would cause the trim wheels to stop turning. My TQ had a lot of loose or broken connections inside the case. Usually the wire had come loose at the female connector that goes onto the printed circuit board. Another time the printed circuit "prong" had come unsoldered. Another problem with the trim wheels is the pulley attached to the servo motor. Mine had split and thus did not rotate when the motor turned. So you should open the case, and check if the pulley turns with the motor. Then start wiggling the wires going to the motor control board and twist the board itself. If none of this works, disconnect the trim wheel motor and connect a 5v battery to the trim wheel motor and see if the wheels turn.

MyCockpit Support Staff

Re: Rev sim throttle trim wheels don't work anymore

If you can still hear the trim motor running without the wheels turning, the gear on the drive motor has failed. This gear is a really crap part, it is made from 3D printing and the centre hub of the gear is pathetically weak. I have repaired one of these for a local builder, I machined out the centre of the gear and made a new hub for it. If this is the case, I could fix your gear if you sent it to me. Cheers Westozy!

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!