25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Anyone using Radeon R9 Graphics Card with FSX?

Hi all,

I need to upgrade my system, and I'm considering a Radeon R9 graphics card.

Anyone using one?

Looking for stutter/driver problems, as normally Nvdia is considered more suited to FSX. However the new R9 295x2 is awesome and a lot cheaper than the equivalent Nvidia Titan Z.

Any comments appreciated...

Thanks!

300+ Forum Addict

Re: Anyone using Radeon R9 Graphics Card with FSX?

Use only Nvidia with FSX. Most experts ( I am not one ) will give you that advice.

Cheers...................Brian W.

75+ Posting Member

Don't bother with Titans waste of money for fsx/p3d purpouses look into 980 and 780ti is my minimum recommendation. Also since you mention you want to go multi monitor 970 could be a better choice then 780ti as I think they perform about the same and 980 has more VRAM which is beneficial in multi monitor use.
    also as far as stutter free Fsx well there is a fix for it! It's calked prepar3d LOL I just recently moved and Fsx is history for me.
    I got it working with my cockpit and ngx737 all sliders nearly Max with some ai planes, voxatc rex4 direct, ASN, pmdg737, ORBX ,oc4ba I get worst 12FPS landing using 8 monitors 3of then are in surround so really I use 5 displays total using older 2700k cpu over clocked mind you to 4.9ghz , I love it I never go back to Fsx
    now when pmdg releases official p3d I am hoping for better performance yet ..
    i earlier mentioned 12fps and all though it seems super low in p3d it is not a stuttering slideshow like you would expect from Fsx at 12 FPS lol
    anyways good luck and you can try p3d for free well I should say you get a refund ..
    in a nutshell p3d is just the next version of Fsx but the 2014 version and if I set my sliders to make p3d look like Fsx I would not be getting no 12 FPS more like 30+ and silly smooth !!!
    good luck !

25+ Posting Member

Hi all,

Thanks for all your feedbacks, I went forward and I buyed the amd graphics. Just in case it may be of interest for someone in the future: I'm using the Radeon R9 295x2 model, and until now and I had absolutely no problems. Installation and config were super easy and it all runs smoothly with FSX.

Even the ancient clouds problem normally associated with amd graphic cards, are not a problem, I'm using Active Sky N and Rex Textures and no problems.

Joao