Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Link2s Multi FS9 and WideClient

Hello,
    does Link2fs Multi FS9 work with WideClient, i.e. Link2fs and fs9 running on different computers commnicating via wideclient?
    It is working fine when I run Link2fs and FS9 on the same computer, but Link2fs doesn't seem to connect when started on another computer which communicates via WideCLient.

Thanks for your help.

500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar

Re: Link2s Multi FS9 and WideClient

As far as I'm aware my software needs to be on the same computer as FS9 or in the case of FSX ,, that too.

I don't have any experience with WideClient at all I'm afraid.

Cheers ,, Jim
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

25+ Posting Member

Re: Link2s Multi FS9 and WideClient

Some time ago i used to take NMEA data trough FSUIPC and WideFS and drive GPS and moving map programs like JepessenFlightMap on a second PC. All those programs take NMEA data from a real com port, but you can't make them work direct from the virtual com port set in the Wide Client config file. In order to let them accept data, you set-up additional software like VSPE http://www.eterlogic.com/Products.VSPE.html . on the computer running wide fs client. Within this software you set connection btw. the com port set in wide client config file and com port you set within moving map program. Link2FS accepts data from a real com port and is no any different , (compared to moving map programs) - you need VSPE software btw. Wide FS Client and Link2fs to enable those two applications to exchange serial data, when they work on the client PC.