Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

DPDT Switch with LED

Hi guys

I purchased a very cheap pcb from ebay which allows me to connect buttons / switches for fsx. I have this all setup and working like a dream. Now I am looking at adding to my design a little and do without a keyboard altogether.

I have another board which is another 12 buttons (2 pins) I have 12 DPDT toggle switches, resistors and LED,s and a load of cable. Am i right in thinking, that the Toggle switch is labled like 1 4
    2 5
    3 6
    and I would connect my 2 cables from the PCB to pin 1 & 3 to make the connection. And for the LED's, use a 9v battery with a 380ohms resistor connect the + terminal from the battery to the resistor and continue to the + on the led. COnnect the - from the battery to pin 4 and from pin 6 to the - on the led?

Here is a link to the PCB - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zero-Delay...item2ed0eb5083

150+ Forum Groupie

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: DPDT Switch with LED

hi
    connect plus+ from battery to one of the centre terminals of the switch(2 for example ) then connect from the terminal above it (1) through the resistor to the led positive(anode) and from led negative(cathode) to the battery negative. When you press the switch down the led will light. Similarly you could use 2 and 3 which works with switch in up position. For the input to the pcb use 4 and 5 for switch down or 5 and 6 for switch up ,just ensure you don't connect battery to pcb
    hope this helps
    regards
    geoff