Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

New future contributor from Australia

Hi All,

I have been a member here for a while, but this is my first post. Like everyone else I have been reading and learning as much as I can.

I am a biomedical engineer from Adelaide, Australia and have a reasonable electronics and IT knowledge. I have approx 30 or so hours of real-life flying (C172).

I have finally ally decided to make a start on a 737 cockpit. For years I have been flying with a Saitek desk with Eyefinity 3x27". Time to step it up a bit.

I currently have a stack of new MDF in the garage awaiting cutting and assembly. And sitting on the floor in my study is a complete MIP panel set from cockpitsimparts.co.uk. Big thanks to those guys for making high quality gear at reasonable prices.

I guess the problems I foresee is just how far to go with things, for example, is it critical to have a fully functioning AFDS panel... or will I be happy with just a few illuminated annunciators. Same goes for the flaps gauge... not critical in the overall scheme of things, yet it's a nice albeit expensive option.

Like many others I am wowed by the quality that some of you achieve. I think I will aim a little lower and just go for an immersive cockpit without the 100% functionality. Maybe. I guess we never know where things end up do we....

Cheers,
    Paul

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Re: New future contributor from Australia

Hi Paul,

How about an airbus? Jeehell's software is free (click on the link in my signature).

I was planning to build a 737 (even had an ACE yoke, cp flight MCP, EFIS, pedals, jetmax 737 TQ) -- switched to an airbus because dual link force feedback yokes are just too difficult to implement.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Hi Paul,

The thread is very good. The information is very good and useful.

galaxy note 3 tasche

Maybe a person has had some results, but the results haven't ever been long term. We supply seen charts that show how many calories each hour a specific exercise will burn. Choose from a favorites, like walnuts, cashews, peanuts and almonds.Visit my blog post im dieting and exercising but not losing weight