Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: How to install OC CDU V3?

Hi Nico

Thank you for the plug and playscripts for the Opencockpit Modules. I have just bought a FMCv3 and these scripts have saved me a lot of headache to get up and running.
    However, I cannot get the CDU lights to work! All keys are fine but none of the lights come on when connected to PSX.. Using the SIOC monitor I can get them to light without problem so the problem appears to be somewhere in the PSXseecon 'translation' from PSX -> SIOC variables..
    Could it be that the bit map masking is incorrect? Acccording to the PSX docs Qi86 has a max value of 8223 (Qi86="LightsCduL"; Mode=ECON; Min=0; Max=8223 and unless I've completely misunderstood the concept of bitmasks then I don't see how bits 14-18 are ever changed... (my 'logic' tells me it should be bits 0-4)

Regards
    Simon

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim kiek's Avatar

Hello Simon,
    Quote Originally Posted by simbro View Post
    Could it be that the bit map masking is incorrect? Acccording to the PSX docs Qi86 has a max value of 8223 (Qi86="LightsCduL"; Mode=ECON; Min=0; Max=8223 and unless I've completely misunderstood the concept of bitmasks then I don't see how bits 14-18 are ever changed... (my 'logic' tells me it should be bits 0-4)
    The bit mapping is correct. You should not look into the PSX docs but in the PSXseecon document "SIOC variables by Qcode.txt". In here you can read:
    Code:
    Qi86 , LightsCduL          , 2086,            , b 14(EXEC) 15(DSPY) 16(FAIL) 17(MSG) 18(OFST)
    These bits are 'enriched bits' so to speak, provided as extra service by PSXseecon (all free ). They are based on bits 0 to 4, but are '0' if the power for the CDU fails and '1' if there is a lights test.

First, please check whether the output numbers you are using with the SIOC monitor, are the same as in my SIOC script:
    Code:
    Var 9002 name O_FmcMsgL Link IOCARD_OUT Device 5 Output 1
    Var 9003 name O_FmcExcL Link IOCARD_OUT Device 5 Output 2
    Var 9004 name O_FmcDspyL Link IOCARD_OUT Device 5 Output 3
    Var 9005 name O_FmcFailL Link IOCARD_OUT Device 5 Output 4
    Var 9006 name O_FmcOfstL Link IOCARD_OUT Device 5 Output 0
    If ok, Second:
    Are you sure you should see a light? I mean does the CDU indicator in the PSX panel lit? Are you using the MD&T test to check it?

Regards,
    Nico
    Last edited by kiek; 01-07-2015 at 03:42 PM.

10+ Posting Member

Hello Nico

The output numbers are the same as in your SIOC script and the lights react when toggled within SIOC.

I first noticed that the lights were not working under PSX control when I saw the lights (Msg & Exec) went on in the PSX display but not on the OC CDU. That was when I started looking at the situation a bit more closely... All keys work as expected so it's only the lights causing problems.

The OC CDU v3 (plug & play) is the only piece of hardware I have and I used your OCM setup according to the OCM manual to setup SIOC for the unit. (cduv31 : MASTER=5,13,1,60)

I'm a complete newbie to this and am afraid I don't know what you mean by 'using the MD&T test'.

Thanks for your help! I hope I won't remain a newbie for too long but at the moment I'm a little lost... but very capable and willing to learn!

Kind regards
    Simon

Hello Simon,

The MD&T test is the indicator lights test that you can activate at the overhead (bottom right) IND LTS Test by pushing the switch upwards.

Could you first post your PSXseecon.log file ? (you can find it in the PSXseecon folder).

Regards,
    Nico

10+ Posting Member

Hello Nico

I've been experimenting a bit and have come up with something that might help to trace the problem.
    First, a description of my computer set - which seems to be part of the issue:

1x MacPro (Mavericks 10.9.5) running PSX server (192.168.1.210)
    1x Win7Pro running PSX client / SIOC 5.1B2 / PSXseecon 1.32 (192.168.1.220) - the OC CDU v3 is also connected to this machine.
    Both machine are connected via a dedicated switch - no internet connection. (Internet is via WLAN in a different segment)

With this configuration I have the described problem - CDU keyboard OK but no lights (even with MD&T test)
    The attached file 'PSXseecon.log_remotemaster.txt' is the log file for this setup.

I then switched PSX around! ie. the Win7Pro machine became the PSXserver and the MacPro became the PSXclient.. I disabled the PSXseecon.cfg file seeing that the PSX server was now local with respect to PSXseecon but made no other changes whatsoever.
    Everything - including the lights - worked as it should!!
    The attached file 'PSXseecon.log_localmaster.txt' is the log file for this 'working' setup.

Ideally, I would like to have the PSX server running on the MacPro as it is my main machine and I occasionally like a 'quick flight' using just the PSX interface - the Win7Pro machine is shut down completely.. (or being used by my better half for 'work'! )

Hope this helps to trace an eventual 'quirk'.... Please let me know if you need further testing on this kind of setup! I'm a complete newbie with respect to SIOC/PSX/B744/etc. but have almost 40 years experience with computer HW/SW and digital electronics...

Kind regards
    Simon
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello Simon,

Thank you for testing.

It looks like, in the remote master situation, you only have a connection to PSX server but not from.. I do not see id=x and version=10.0.1 messages in the log, for instance.

Maybe the combination Windows-Apple is causing this?? I only have tested PSXseecon networked with Windows machines.

Here is PSXseecon version 1.3.3 with trace. It is just the .exe file, please overwrite your version (after you have made a copy), and then run the master remote situation again, type one or more keys at the CDU and then switch PSXseecon off and post the .log for inspection.

Regards,
    Nico
    Last edited by kiek; 01-10-2015 at 06:43 AM.

10+ Posting Member

Hello Nico

Here is the requested .log file using the 1.3.3 trace version of PSXseeon in the remote master configuration.

To help with your analysis of the file:
    1. With an empty CDU on the RTE page I keyed 'LFSBLSGG01' and entered it in LSK-3R
    2. Pressed LSK-6R (activate) which caused the EXEC and DSPY lights to illuminate (in the GUI but not on the OC CDU v3)
    3. Pressed the LEGS key then quit PSXseecon and renamed the resulting .log file to 'PSXseecon_133trace.txt' (zipped due to forum limits)

Hope this helps!

Kind regards
    Simon
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello Simon,

Thx for testing. It looks like the Qi86 messages with info about the CDU indicators have been received. However, they are not converted to a message for SIOC... (?)

In order to focus on the handling of the Qi86 message I have made a new trace version, please try your scenario again.

Regards,
    Nico

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level spotlight's Avatar

Hi Nico,

thank you very much. I will test the automatic scripts.
    The manual script worked fine for me during the last flights. Everything as it should.

Thanks again, best Regards
    Peter

10+ Posting Member

Hello Nico,

Here is the log file created by the 1.3.3-trace2 version of PSXseecon as requested.
    I repeated exactly the same scenario as before - same keys etc... (same results )

Regards
    Simon

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast