Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Intentions for building a 2 PC Netwok System

Dear Flight Simulation Enthusiasts,

Since I came to a dead end, I need your help so as to proceed with my project.

What I have:

1) Case Bitfenix Shinobi XL Full Tower
    2)Motherboard Gigabyte Z87X-OC FORCE
    3)PSU Corsair RM 1000W 80+Gold
    4)CPU Intel Core i7 4770k, O/C to 3.8 Ghz
    5)RAM Corsair DDR3 16 GB (4X4)kit 1600MhzVG
    6)GPU PCI X Palit Nvidia GTX 780 Jetstream 3GB
    7)1 SSD Samsung 250GB Sata III 840 Pro (for FSX only)
    1 HDD Seagate SATA III 2TB 64MB 7200 (for all other things to keep)
    9) Win 7 x64

I fly PMDG B738 NGX, B777-200, MJC Dash Q8 400 in VC and always windowed mode.
    FSX is enriched with:
    REX, FS GLOBAL 2010, FTX ORBX, FTX VECTORS, various scenery add ons, EZDOK camera, iVAP (IVAO, airline OLYMPIC AIR VIRTUAL)
    Weather Engine: AS NEXT
    Flight Planner: EFASS

For many months now flying with no serious problems

What I recenlty purchased:

1) x3 32" LG TVs full HD
    2) 1 IIAYAMA touchscreen 22" Full HD
    3) 1 IIAYAMA touchscreen 24" Full HD
    4) 1 Philips Monitor 21" Full HD
    5) Palit Nvidia GTX 760 4GB Jetstream

What I did so far and I enjoy:

The 3 32" TVs are connected directly to the system's Nvidia GTX 780 3GB, through 1xHDMI to HDMI, 1x HDMI to DVI-D, 1xHDMI to DVI-D cables. Through Nvidia Control Panel I combined the 3 TV's so for the last one week I enjoy flying in VC, spanned to all 3x32" full HD TVs with no problems.

What is the main purpose (and the point where I need your guidance, suggestions):

My intention is to use the other 3 monitors for undocking panels/gauges etc.
    The 21" Philips Monitor is intended for undocking PFD, MFD and some other panels.
    The 22" touchscreen is intended for Both FMC and some other stuff.
    The 24" touchscreen in intended for the Overhead Panel.

(In the Futute I intend to obtain CPFLIGHT MCP, EFIS, COM, NAV, ADF, XPNDR to complete the project)

The second GPU (Nvidia GTX 760 4GB) was bought with the intention to use it for the above mentioned touchscreens and monitor.

YOUR THOUGHTS:

1) Can I just plug in the second GPU into the system and connect the extra 3 monitors for undocking?
    If yes, will I do it through NVsurround? Is it possible all 6 Monitors to be in "surround" mode? Probably not.

2) Should I change direction and start thinking in obtaining a second PC and use WideView through a Network? If this is the case, what are the steps to accomplish this scenario? What would the second PC's specifications be? How will I use the WideView? Should I also install FSX with all the add on sceneries and the aircrafts I fly?

3) Is there just any other way, with the system I already have? Or any other way at all?

Thank you for your time in reading all this material. Your contribution will be the catalyst for completing my project, since I do not have any experience in these things.

Best Regards

Dimitris

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Intentions for building a 2 PC Netwok System

No need for a client pc at the moment. I managed to set up my system and configure it.

Here are some pics..