Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Starting a home build a couple questions

Quote Originally Posted by Avro748 View Post
    Okay, I have never heard of an "analogue to digital converter" being used in this case. Look, all buttons and switches will work the same way. Each button should have two wires. Use one as a ground, and use the other as the input. Use them with an input card of your choice.
    Ok sounds good. another problem was brought to my attention about the buttons. they will require some type of voltage and i was looking for schematic diagrams of the throttles to find out what voltage they require. I was not able to find any so how should i go about providing the correct voltage to the buttons?

10+ Posting Member

Okay, I have never heard of an "analogue to digital converter" being used in this case. Look, all buttons and switches will work the same way. Each button should have two wires. Use one as a ground, and use the other as the input. Use them with an input card of your choice.
    Thank you so much for helping me out. How do i go from the digital signal from the interface card to the software FSX via FSUPIC?

Quote Originally Posted by md11pilot11 View Post
    Ok sounds good. another problem was brought to my attention about the buttons. they will require some type of voltage and i was looking for schematic diagrams of the throttles to find out what voltage they require. I was not able to find any so how should i go about providing the correct voltage to the buttons?
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean. It shouldn't matter what voltage goes in. I think you should read up on some basic circuitry so you can solidify your knowledge before continuing. Once you understand the basic rules of electricity, watch this video about switches:

Once you do those two things, it will all make sense.

10+ Posting Member

Hi, thank you for all the information it has been very helpful in understanding how to begin. I have officially purchased a DC-10 pedestal. Pictures attached. From these pictures would you say this is a possible task? I have friend who majored in electrical engineering who will help me as well.

IMG_8593.jpg20150128_111121_resized.jpg

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. It shouldn't matter what voltage goes in. I think you should read up on some basic circuitry so you can solidify your knowledge before continuing. Once you understand the basic rules of electricity, watch this video about switches:

Once you do those two things, it will all make sense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12