Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level wa3pnt's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Keys not working with FSX

I attempted a simple project to use switches to send keyboard characters to FSX.

I have tried using both the link2fs_keys_v4.exe and the Keys function within link2fs_multi_fsx_v5h.exe, with the appropriate .ino files loaded.

Using either of the above, the keyboard characters are sent to a Notepad document when that is selected as the output device.

Using either of the above, when I select "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" (which is the exact name that appears in the FSX window) the keyboard characters are not received by FSX.

I've tried with and without FSUIPC running. I am using Windows 8.0 Pro 64Bit, FSX with SP2 and Accelerator.

Link2FS appears as an addon in FSX.

What am I missing?

RodeoGeorge

500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar

Re: Keys not working with FSX

Hi George ,,, with the "Keys" there is only one thing that may need played with and that is the "Delay in Milliseconds" (It's in the "Keys" page)
    Have a play with that (shorter or longer) and see if it corrects it ,, first try 100.

Other that ,, if the spelling is correct then the only thing left is the UAC settings ,, security settings ,, "run as administrator" ,, basically anything that could stop one program talking to another.

Good luck George ,,, Jim
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level wa3pnt's Avatar

Re: Keys not working with FSX

Thanks Jim. Didn't think about playing with the delay when it worked sending the info to Wordpad. But obviously with a lot of "stuff" going on in FSX the delay could be the issue.

I'll report any success.

RodeoGeorge