Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Link2FS with A2A Cessna 172

Hi all,

I am looking to build a homecockpit and this is my first homecockpit project. I want to use Link2FS together with the A2A Cessna 172. I have been playing around with Link2FS, FSX and an Arduino for a while now and I can use all the default values. The A2A Cessna 172 has some coding outside FSX, so not all default options in Link2FS give the right values. That's why I'm using the expert version of Link2FS (I read somewhere it was possible to add additional variables to read/write to/from FSX). The only problem I have is that when I try the expert part (not the FSUIPC part, but the simconnect part), I get strange values which I can't work out. I got all the variables from A2A, I can post that later if some of you need it.

I have also another question (now I'm making a thread here now, so why not). Is it possible to have more than 5 card running (I don't think I need this, but maybe later when I'm building a larger aircraft in several years) and have more variables added (input/output) than available (I think I might need this). I was thinking about saving the Link2FS file completely to another folder, but I haven't tried yet.

I know there are easier ways (more expensive though), but that's less fun, right? Thanks a lot for any help in advance and reading this

Ramon

500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar

Re: Link2FS with A2A Cessna 172

Hi Ramon ,, it is possible that those "variables" are only available thru a registered copy of FSUIPC ,,, I don't know so it's only a guess assuming you have done everything else correctly and it didn't work.
    Maybe some-one else knows ??

As far as more than 5 cards ,,, yes you can ,, what you do is cascade another card off one (or more) of the 5 original cards and just keep adding. There are various means for communicating to and from the extra cards but it's easily done.

Cheers ,, Jim
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

3. Thanks voltigeurramon thanked for this post

Hi Jim,

Sorry for the late response, I had no internet for several days :/. I will look as fast as possible to the suggestions you gave. How about adding more variables than possible in Link2FS (see first post)? Thanks a lot for the help so far.

Ramon

Quote Originally Posted by voltigeurramon View Post
    Hi all,

I am looking to build a homecockpit and this is my first homecockpit project. I want to use Link2FS together with the A2A Cessna 172. ... I got all the variables from A2A, I can post that later if some of you need it. ...

Ramon
    Hi Ramon,

I'm almost finished my initial hardware testing (using the default FSX 172) and my next decision is which aircraft add on to use. The A2A is near the top of my list and it will push me into some new areas in Link2FS Multi like Expert and Sim Connect stuff so I'll be interested to see how you are doing with all this.

If the offer still stands I'd like to take you up on getting a copy of that variables list. I had worked out some of them using a some lua scripts and the code monitor in FSUIPC but there are far more that I don't have yet. If you could post it or PM it to me that would be greatly appreciated!!!

THANKS!
    Tom G.
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: FSX w/Aclrtn Pk, FSUIPC4, ASN, UTX, GEX, REX 4

Hi Tom,

I wasn't able to get into it due to a lot of stuff, and probably won't be able for a while. You can find the full variable list, together with other instructions in this post: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...?f=108&t=40389. Some default variables are used in the A2A 172, so you don't need any custom code for monitoring those (I'm just gonna use the variables directly from Link2FS). I'm still working out that list. As you might know, the A2A 172 is almost an exact copy of the real one, but not every function is possible to read from FSX (like the complicated radio functions, you can use the default radio page and use the standby/active frequency only for the radios).

I hope this will help you enough, if you have more questions you can always ask them. Have a merry christmas eve/morning and a happy new year in advance!

Ramon

THANKS!!!

I'll give the thread a read.
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: FSX w/Aclrtn Pk, FSUIPC4, ASN, UTX, GEX, REX 4