10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Link2fs automatically closes and doesn't start after I installed fsuipc

Hi , I am running rtm version of fsx. I have been using link2fs successfully with fsx for the last 7 months. I installed fsuipc not registered to run a free atr72 LAN gauges in my computer. My link2 fs does not run anymore. The fsuipc installed successfully and runs those LAN networked gauges in another computer . Why would link2fs not run and crash. Did fsuipc do something to fsx or link2 fs. I use simconnect.XML . Please help.

10+ Posting Member

Re: Link2fs automatically closes and doesn't start after I installed fsuipc

Link2fs is acting like there is no fsx. ??? how and where does fsuipc mess up fsx.

500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar

Well I can just about guarantee it wont have anything to do with FSUIPC which is a very stable and widely used program.

I would guess it has to do with that other ATR add-on.
    Try uninstalling one or the other and narrow it down to what is causing the problem.

Also try starting the "Multi" before starting FSX ??

Cheers Jim
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim NZ View Post
    Well I can just about guarantee it wont have anything to do with FSUIPC which is a very stable and widely used program.

I would guess it has to do with that other ATR add-on.
    Try uninstalling one or the other and narrow it down to what is causing the problem.

Also try starting the "Multi" before starting FSX ??

Cheers Jim
    Thanks Jim for your Reply . I have using Link2fs and it is a wonderful software and was working very well . I actually cleaned my hard drive and reinstalled C . Installed FSX . I was using Link2fs 6b and it didnt work. I used 6c and it worked for a while and again the same problem started with link2fs. I dont know what happened. Maybe something to do with fsx or windows.

i again tried in another computer with fsx and it also started giving the same problem. fsx also crashes when i try to close fsx. I am using win 7 service pack 1 , fsx rtm i think. I still have the atr addon on d drive but it is not installed or anyhting.

i got the following message .
    Can you please help .

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: link2fs_multi_fsx_v5h.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 52bdd4a8
    Fault Module Name: link2fs_multi_fsx_v5h.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 52bdd4a8
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00113e8f
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 078b
    Additional Information 2: 078b47b831eb861ccaf221ab00dcc8cc
    Additional Information 3: 5645
    Additional Information 4: 564546a8975f3dabfe1a5c73304528bf

\
    \

\

second computer

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Link2fs Multi FSX v6c for experts.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 53d5655f
    Fault Module Name: Link2fs Multi FSX v6c for experts.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 53d5655f
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00275e8f
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.2
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 078b
    Additional Information 2: 078b47b831eb861ccaf221ab00dcc8cc
    Additional Information 3: 5645
    Additional Information 4: 564546a8975f3dabfe1a5c73304528bf

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

10+ Posting Member

I started link2fs without fsx running and with fsx running. The problem is when it worked it worked with either fsx running or not. When link2 fs fails to run it just fails no matter if fsx is running or not. Now I installed link2fs 6f and it is working. I didn't turn on my LAN computers yet. I am worried if I turn on the LAN computers(two computers) running rj glass cockpit software then again it might crash. Why does link2 fs crash. Does something in windows or fsx prevent it from running. Can something corrupt it. What does link2fs look for before it starts running. Jim can you pls look at the problem event and help me understand why this is happening. Why does a fresh download of link2fs from your site work for a while.

There are only 2 things my program looks for (other than normal windows stuff) and these are ,,,

1/....
    The 'side by side' entry for the RTM simconnet dll reference ,,, look in the windows folder then the "WinSxS" folder and you should see a reference to Simconnect 10.0.60905 in a big long folder name.
    This reference is put there by the normal installation of FSX.
    (You may have to have "Show hidden files" set to "On".)

2/...
    My program needs the "Microsoft .NET framework 2" ,, you can check if this is installed by looking in the "Add or remove Programs" part of the "Control Panel"

Other than that ,,, I wouldn't have a clue whats wrong on your computer but obviously something is different on your computer compared to everyone else's.

Happy hunting ,,, Jim

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim NZ View Post
    There are only 2 things my program looks for (other than normal windows stuff) and these are ,,,

1/....
    The 'side by side' entry for the RTM simconnet dll reference ,,, look in the windows folder then the "WinSxS" folder and you should see a reference to Simconnect 10.0.60905 in a big long folder name.
    This reference is put there by the normal installation of FSX.
    (You may have to have "Show hidden files" set to "On".)

2/...
    My program needs the "Microsoft .NET framework 2" ,, you can check if this is installed by looking in the "Add or remove Programs" part of the "Control Panel"

Other than that ,,, I wouldn't have a clue whats wrong on your computer but obviously something is different on your computer compared to everyone else's.

Happy hunting ,,, Jim
    Thanks again Jim for helping.I am having the weirdest problem ever.I did a new reinstall of my c drive and a new fsx install and new simconnect.msi reinstall . but i am still having the same problem . I am running "Microsoft . NET framework 3.5" . the built in that comes with windows 7. Do i need to install microsoft . net framework 2. I have been using link2fs for the last 7 months without any problem using .net framework 3.5. For some reason the app of link2fs is crashing and crashing without any hope. Is link2fs a vb program or C++ 2005 . Do i need to add some library or something. I tried to debug with visual studio and got the following message. First link2fs v6b didnt work then v6c didnt and now v6f is not now.

'Link2fs Multi FSX v6f.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'D:\link2fs6f\Link2fs_Multi_FSX_v6f\Link2fs Multi FSX v6f.exe'.
    'Link2fs Multi FSX v6f.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'Link2fs Multi FSX v6f.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'Link2fs Multi FSX v6f.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'Link2fs Multi FSX v6f.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\user32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'Link2fs Multi FSX v6f.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\gdi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'Link2fs Multi FSX v6f.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\lpk.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'Link2fs Multi FSX v6f.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\usp10.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'Link2fs Multi FSX v6f.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'Link2fs Multi FSX v6f.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\advapi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'Link2fs Multi FSX v6f.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\sechost.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'Link2fs Multi FSX v6f.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\rpcrt4.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'Link2fs Multi FSX v6f.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\oleaut32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'Link2fs Multi FSX v6f.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ole32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'Link2fs Multi FSX v6f.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\shfolder.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'Link2fs Multi FSX v6f.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'Link2fs Multi FSX v6f.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\shlwapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'Link2fs Multi FSX v6f.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\imm32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'Link2fs Multi FSX v6f.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msctf.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'Link2fs Multi FSX v6f.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\profapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

10+ Posting Member

Hi Jim. Where can i get a good simconnect.msi . Can u please give me a safe link. I deleted link2fs 6f from my computer and then I downloaded a fresh copy form your website. Now it works again. But once it fails then the copy of link2fs does not work anymore. Can virus or anything else cause this problem . I have installed fsx and link2fs in three computers and all of them act the same.

Yes net framework 3.5 in windows 7 will be fine ,,, no there is no 'Library' or anything else to install.

There is no need to run a 'Simconnect.msi' ,,, as simconnect.dll WinSxS gets installed automatically when FSX gets first put on the machine.
    There are actually at least 3 different "Simconnect.msi" and all have the same name but what they install is different.

First link2fs v6b didn't work then v6c didn't and now v6f is not now.
    There is something on your computer that is killing the program,, so you need to find out what it is and fix it.

Good luck ,,, Jim

75+ Posting Member

You just reinstalled drive C so you would have needed to set up your system again. The files on drive D are opening properly but the ones on drive C are failing. One possibility is that your user rights are not sufficient to install these files. The W7 default settings will inhibit write access to system folders and it looks like the PDB files are not getting written to the System32 folder.