10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Cockpit viewpoint problem

Does anyone know how to get around the issue I have in my 737 cockpit where the view down the centreline is fine for the captain, but when I move into the copilot seat there is a strong feeling that you are steering the aircraft about 45 degrees to the left (to keep on the centreline).

I can solve it if I pan the view a couple of clicks to the left so that the centreline runs down towards the copilot (instead of the captain), but in that case the captain gets the feeling of steering 45 degs to the right!

As I guess quite a lot of folks fly with 2 pilots, how do you get around this?

Best
    Charles

10+ Posting Member

Re: Cockpit viewpoint problem

Hello Charles,

As far as I know there is no way to solve this unless you switch to a collimated display system (very expensive and/or complicated).
    There are some people that claim to have had some success but you will have to do a search on "crabbing effect". That should give you more information on other builders that have been searching for a solution.

HTH, Marc

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Cockpit viewpoint problem

Hi Charles,

Mac is correct with his answer but what can make it better is to put more distance between your eye ad the screen. There are many tutorials that explain this.

Kind Regards

Bernie.
    E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.