Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Need some help starting

This is what I have come up with so far.. I'm planning on using fs2004 with various addons specially maps and airports not to worried for aircrafts as I'm planing on building a 777 cockpit now my first problem is I don't own fs2004 and never used it so I'm wondering if I can pop up windows with only the gauges like you can in fsx and if this can be archived with the original 777 haven't seen this model yet as no body seems to have a video of the originals planes, the reason for this is to run 3 screens with gauges on a second computer (older computer) and have a projector at first connected to the first computer (newer one) running fs2004 + yoke , pedals , switches and everything preatty much, the reason I would like to use fs2004 is it requires lower specs, also planning on doing a keyboard hack for the switches I see every body only using single letters like G S F and so on would it be possible to run even more switches with ctr+x alt+X and so on? And my last thing is has any body made a working auto pilot panel with numbers and knobs like the real plane price tag on them are really high.. Any input is appreciated thanks

25+ Posting Member

Re: Need some help starting

Looking at YouTube and the General Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 (FS9) forum, you have the same problem as everybody else; too many choices and so much information. The auto pilot panel is a good project. Start building quick and dirty because after many redesigns the final product will be so much better than you anticipate. Currently my development panel looks like vandalism graffiti. If you can find a cheap (free) working joystick tear it apart and reprogram the buttons and pots to get a feel what others are talking about. This will give you an idea which systems you will feel comfortable with.

One year in and only a big box of small parts to show for it.

300+ Forum Addict

Re: Need some help starting

Yes, second all of that. Another often overlooked question is what is the purpose of the build? I ask because it can have an impact on what and how you build. As an example, I love to build things, electronics, microcontrollers, etc. I could have bought commercial modules much cheaper than buying a CNC machine, a laser cutter, and a 3D printer, but much of the fun for me comes from the build itself. Even though hardly any of my work is original, it's still a lot of for me to do. I do like to fly as well, but even then it's largely a love of systems and learning them. The interfacing, building panels, etc. is the most fun part for me. Many sim builders are quite the opposite. So, welcome to the forums! Don't hesitate to ask questions, there are some real pro builders here, and I pester them all of the time!

Buddy