Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Boeing Link2FS and Prepar3d

Hello,
    Curious as to whether or not anyone has been able to get Link2FS to work with Prepar3d. With Prepar3d open, when I open Link2FS it hangs and then errors out with an Unhandled Exception stating that it cannot find Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect. I have installed the simconnect version from the P3D install to no avail.

Thoughts?

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Re: Link2FS and Prepar3d

Hi,

I was previously using Link2FS to run a gauge using Prepar3D v2.3. It worked fine until I decided to do a fresh install of windows and reinstall Prepar3D. My previous installation had FSX installed in addition to P3D. Now with the fresh install, and only P3D installed, I receive a message similar to this:

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect, Version=10.0.60905.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies.

Can anyone help?

10+ Posting Member

Yeah, that's the same error message I get.

Quote Originally Posted by lderoo View Post
    Hi,

I was previously using Link2FS to run a gauge using Prepar3D v2.3. It worked fine until I decided to do a fresh install of windows and reinstall Prepar3D. My previous installation had FSX installed in addition to P3D. Now with the fresh install, and only P3D installed, I receive a message similar to this:

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect, Version=10.0.60905.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies.

Can anyone help?
    PC: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 1 TB SATA III + 120 GB SSD | NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970 4 GB

500+ This must be a daytime job

Hi,
    Try making a folder called fsx. Place in this folder fsx.exe. This has known to work before as some programs look for
    FSX.exe.
    Les

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by iwik View Post
    Hi,
    Try making a folder called fsx. Place in this folder fsx.exe. This has known to work before as some programs look for
    FSX.exe.
    Les
    Thanks iwik, I'll give that a try and report back.
    PC: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 1 TB SATA III + 120 GB SSD | NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970 4 GB

25+ Posting Member

Strange , I m on P3D2.4 on windows 8.1 all seems working great here ( clean install also )
    By the way i ve also install some add on using "Russian Migration Tool" which is a free software . and Fsuipc

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Fly View Post
    Thanks iwik, I'll give that a try and report back.

Any luck Live2Fly?

10+ Posting Member

Sorry the late reply, I had to move my PC downstairs into the basement where my gear is, it's not fun running cable in a finished basement...

Anyways, so I gave iwik's suggestion a try and still no luck. Still prompts me with the following error;

I think I'm going to load P3D and LinkFS on a laptop as a test and see if that works. Maybe I missed something when I installed everything on my actual Flight Sim PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Fly View Post
    Sorry the late reply, I had to move my PC downstairs into the basement where my gear is, it's not fun running cable in a finished basement...

Anyways, so I gave iwik's suggestion a try and still no luck. Still prompts me with the following error;

I think I'm going to load P3D and LinkFS on a laptop as a test and see if that works. Maybe I missed something when I installed everything on my actual Flight Sim PC.
    I stumbled across this forum link:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/thr...problem.11711/

It gives some explanations as to where the relevant file locations are. I'm going to see if those x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect folders are located in C:\WINDOWS\winsxs\

10. Thanks Live2Fly thanked for this post
    Likes Live2Fly liked this post
    10+ Posting Member

Thanks Ideroo, I installed FSX as a test and then uninstalled it...I didn't even run FSX at all, just install/uninstall. I then opened Prepar3d and sure enough Link2FS works with P3D. I went back through the folders that got added when FSX was installed and they still exist but are all empty. I think you might be on to something Ideroo, I'll read through that forum and see if it fixes things.

I've looked through that forum before but never came across that exact thread.

If this doesn't work, then I'll probably look into just interfacing only with FSUIPC. I wanted to use Link2FS because I didn't want to "re-invent the wheel" so to speak.

I'll keep everyone updated as to my progress.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast