Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Momentary toggle switch without middle OFF position question

Hello all,
    I'm currently planning my first Arduino powered switch module so I get a first dive into Arduino interfacing. It will have some popular toggle switches (gear up/down etc) only, nothing fancy, just unloading some keyboard keys to a switchbox on the side. As I'm reading about switch types I see that there are latching toggle types (on / off) and momentary toggle types (on / off / on). Normally, I'd go for the former ones but I'm thinking they'll flood the inputs with continuous presses (like me keeping 20+ keys on the keyboard pressed simultaneously). So, I'd need momentary toggle switches that send input signals only when pressed BUT they only seem to come in (on / off / on) type that doesn't latch in either position and needs at least one LED to indicate its state. My questions are a) is my thinking here correct? b) if indeed it is, are there any latching toggle switches with momentary contact function out there? Thanks.

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Momentary toggle switch without middle OFF position question

Yassou.

No problem. If you have not done so already, check Jim's blog at http://www.jimspage.co.nz . His Link2fs Multi Annunciator Panel along with Link2fs Multi for FSX will get you started with human input to FSX and FSX output to LEDs. Look at the INPUTPINS() function and the way it handles the gear up gear down switch. Basically his code keeps a record of the last scan and ignores any switch that is in the same position. Code can make push buttons look like toggle switches and and toggle switches look like pulse generators.

Re: Momentary toggle switch without middle OFF position question

OMG this is so embarrassing, you're right, it was there all along! I thought those other links were older stand alone projects before Link2FS came along. It's exactly what I want and I'm off ordering switches and push buttons now! Thanks!