Thread: A320 Cockpit

10+ Posting Member pablonator3000's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

A320 Cockpit

Hi, as a rookie I start to configure a A320 cockpit with FSX and JeeHell FMGS Version B35.
    I'm not really sucsessfull. All i've got are PFD, ND red highlighted in standby mode.
    Each time I try to active the panels via the over head panel it's not working. When I switch to the window of the overhead panel the FSX application pauses, so I think that's the reason why it's not working.
    What do I have to do, to avoid this pausing in FSX?? How can I activate the PFD an ND panels?

In the final solution, I try to get FSX, Airbus X extended from Aerosoft and the panels with FMGS working together.
    Is this possible at all? Is my Aerosoft A320 compatible with the FMGS application??

Please can you help me to go on! I'm on a dead end with my knowledge how to put the different parts together.

Best regards
    Pablo

75+ Posting Member

Re: A320 Cockpit

Pablo...

As far as i know you CANT use the AXE with this software- it is written for the Project Airbus model which comes when you install the files... so you use that... you will not have a VC as u are used to so just a big screen wit guages at the bottom (preferable 2 screens or more...I have 4)

as for the pausing in FSX, look for the "pause on task" box and untick it....you will lose sound each time as FSX does not allow "unmute on lost focus" as far as i know... simply click the main screen again and the sound comes back...

As fort he gauges.. i assume you know how to start the airbus with batteries first etc?

If you find the "starter.ini" file in the main folder you can choose what you want to start...

Here is mine below

[Starter]
    FMGS_Server=yes
    OVHD=yes
    FCU=yes
    MCDU=yes
    FO_MCDU=no
    PFD=yes
    ND=yes
    EWD=yes
    SD=yes
    Sound=yes
    FO_PFD=no
    FO_EFIS=no
    FO_ND=no
    TripleBRK=yes
    STBY_ASI=no
    STBY_AltiFt=no
    STBY_AltiM=no
    STBY_Horizon=no
    DDRMI=no
    Clock=yes
    ISIS=no

HardwareConnect=yes
    wideFMGS=no
    wideFMGSserver=yes

AUTOclose=yes
    StartMinimized=yes
    Autosave=yes

//ExtProg.0=c:\windows\notepad.exe

Hope that helps a little!

Doug

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Pablo -- you need to move the iFDG files (iFDG FS9/FSX) into your SimObjects\Airplanes folder in your flight simulator program and use that model.

Make sure you follow the setup guide included with the install.

You need NavDataPro from Aerosoft to use the MCDU. Enter the airport icao code on the FROM/TO field and the ND/PFD should become active.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

10+ Posting Member pablonator3000's Avatar

Thank you,
    Wihch software do you recommend, when i want to use the airbus x exendet in my cockpit? I like to have the PFD and ND as seperate windows without frames in fixed positions at startup.

150+ Forum Groupie

It does not work with the AXE, as there are no 2D panels provided from Aerosoft, only the 3D cockpit is available.
    I thought about this option before I found JeeHells awesome soft

Regards,
    Stephan

75+ Posting Member

In essence there is no 3D cockpit or 2D cockpit using this software... it is designed for home cockpit builders...i have one monitor as the outside view and 2 below that for the Jeehell gauges until i build the actual structure... forget AXE will not ever work with this as not designed too... this is all about flight models and realism not eye candy...once you use it you will never look back!