Thread: A320 FMGS B36

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS B36

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    @Ben : The ADIRS logic is from a very long time ago, I plan to rework that soon, but no, the ADR should not work as currently modeled.

Regards
    JL
    Thank you JL

Init page 2 is accessible after engine start?

Regards.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by OmniAtlas View Post
    Init page 2 is accessible after engine start?
    Mine it is accessible too, but I think it shouldn't...

150+ Forum Groupie

u can make it NOT accessible (like in the real aircraft) modifing the aircraft.ini file u can find in FMGS SERVER/PA320 folder if i remember correctly the path: into that file there's a line INITBACCESSIBLE set it to FALSE and the page won't be accessible.
    having it accessible is very useful in training scenarios: u do many repositioning and many takeoff and landing....if the page is not accessible u have to shut engines every time and u consume time
    regards
    fil

4. Likes Leonidas liked this post

Hi,

Filippo isright about the INITBaccessible entry in the aircraft.ini file (except it is either yes or no).
    In the real aicraft, after engine start, the MCDU should switch to FUEL PRED page instead of INITB, I have to add that some day..

JL

25+ Posting Member

Hyi Jeehell, hyi all!

Short info on B36.7, maybe it helps someone:

I do run a server (FSX, AP/FBW, Sound, server) and ALL the rest on one client (i5, 3,8Ghz). Everything works fine, also
    EGPWS, CPU usage is always below 55%. But still I do get disconnects. With priority higher than normal or high (Thanks to buentahead!) it works without disconnects for around 30 minutes or until I change something in FSX (weather, time, airport, ...). When disconnects happen, the complete client is disconnected, not just a part. I did follow any hints (Open as admin., Navdata, ...)
    Further bugs noticed:
    - Eng page is selected on lower ECAM (ECAM switching p/b is lighted green, which means pressed) after power on
    - Eng 1 and Eng 2 Bleed is off (with p/b in on). After off/on switching operation normal (edited)

Thanks for your work, Jeehell, this is a beautiful piece on our sims.

Kind regards
    Michael

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi all

started today twice a leg from lsgs to licr and the fmgs_server.exe crashes 4 minutes after t/o. When checking my sim this afternoon from lszh to lsgg all went fine. Could it be the difference starting from a airport up in the mountains?

Does someone have the same crashes?

Best
    Stefan

25+ Posting Member

I dont think there is a correlation between the airport's alt and the crasches. I flew from LSZS (Samedan - 5.700 ft MSL) to Vienna yesterday without any crash.

But I had some other strange experience:
    I had to use TOGA for the take off because of the short runway and the cold temperatures (Eng & Wing Anti Ice was on). Unfortunately nav mode was not available after the departure (also no SRS TO). The green line was not solid but dashed and did not change wehn I pushed the heading knob. The PROG page was not available after departure (during Preflight it was).

Then I used the same flight plan with Flex Temp (no Anti Ice) and took off with FLEX-Thrust. Now everything worked fine.

Maybe JL could check that behaviour - or did I do something wrong?

Samedan is definetely a special case because of it's high altitude and short rundway but the strange behaviour could also happen in innsbruck under special circumstances.

Thank You!

Markus

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi all
    installed again the b36.7, but still have the fmgs_server.exe when starting from SION (LSGS) when reaching 8500 ft. Is there a log somewhere which can be activated to see what is the problem?

Best regards
    Stefan

Hi,

@Stephan : Do you use the same departure out of Sion? Maybe a bug in the SID leading to a crash.

@Markus : if you get only dashed FPLN on the ND, usually it means the ACFT did not transition to take off phase. This usually happens when the THR LVR are not really in TOGA or FLX detent. Make sure you do get MAN TOGA or MAN FLX on the FMA.

JL

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi JL

thank you for the reply, will check it tonight. It is quite strange because most of the SID's at LSGS are not supported by the fmgs, it shows disconnect between lgsg and the next waypoint on the flightplan page when choosing a SID from rwy07 and you can't delete that entry... Did a flight from LSGG to LSZH and all was fine.

I will report when tested.

Another issue I can't understand is the function of the priotity stick korry. When pressing to FO side it always play dual input when fo side stick is used, even when set priority to fo, it shows the green arrow to the fo side, but stilkl have this "dual input" aural. Is it like that in the real acft?
    And last but not least, the warning korry needs to be pressed twice before the sound stops, is that also as in the real acft?
    Best regards
    Stefan