10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Finally Taking the Plunge!

After literally years of fence sitting, I've decided to take the plunge! I've been mulling it over for quite a while debating whether I should build a large, commercial aircraft type pit, a small GA cockpit, or maybe a military type cockpit. So, I built a rough 3D model of each and placed it in a scale 3D version of my simulator room to see how they fit. Each had its pluses and minuses, but in the end, my passion for 1st and second generation jet fighters and attack aircraft won out.

I call my 'pit the Gen50Fighter pit, short for Generic 50s Fighter cockpit. I'll be the first to admit that it is largely influenced by videos and images I've seen of Hans Krohn home cockpit.

To get started, here are a couple of quick and dirty images I made of my proposed cockpit which I drew up in Anim8or just to get a feel of how the finished cockpit would look and fit into my simulator room/workshop.

Gen50FighterSide.jpg

Gen50FighterFront.jpg

My first project will be the ejection seat as the sim is pretty much built around that.

Till, next time...

George
    I'm beginning to think that my whole purpose in this life is to serve as a waring to others!

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Finally Taking the Plunge!

Looks good. Hope you never need to use the ejector seat George!