10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

increasing and decreasing airspeed with a button

Dear friends,
    I am trying to de- and increase the MCP airspeed by two buttons (or to be more preice, with a SPDTCO - single pole, double throw, center off switch).

I have tried several settings in the FSUIPC button assignments such as offset byte cyclic inc/dec, but none of them works.

Can someone (Nick?) tell me the correct kind of control and the paramenter? Offset is 8B18.

Best regards,
    Holger

P.S.: I still have not found out how to finde these things in the manual - sorry!

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim kiek's Avatar

Re: increasing and decreasing airspeed with a button

Hello Holger,

You will not find that in the manual because it is out of scope.... It depends on the software that comes with the interface hardware that you are using (Bodnar, FSBus, Phidgets). But at the end of the day you have to use the 8B18 offset. Note that this is a 32 bit offset. So I guess, that for one button pressed you should use offset dword cyclic inc and for the other button offset word cycl dec.

EDIT: dword

Rgrds,
    Nico
    Last edited by kiek; 10-22-2014 at 11:48 AM.

10+ Posting Member

Re: increasing and decreasing airspeed with a button

Hello Nico,
    Problem solved: I am using "offset sword increment" Uword and Udword instead of Sword also work, but react slower (with me, might be different with other setups). I also understand now that in "parameters" the first value is for the increment and the last one for the max value. So I have "1/399" for the increasing button and "1/100" for the decreasing button.

The nice think about all this is that I can use the "control to repeat while held" function. However, to all those out there emulating joystick buttons: Be aware that this does not work with a pulse, you have to use Button On and Off commands (the pulse cannot be held).

The "Cyclic" entries seem not to work, as they are for variables which war around (back to zero when reaching max).

I am actually using EPIC, and it still bugs me that I have not been able to program the repeat while held function in EPIC. I think I am getting an overflow for my trial scripts, but that would need to be discusses with other EPIC users. And I think I am the last one on this planet.

Best regards and thanks again,
    Holger