150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Engine start problems again

My first trials with FMGC were on a spare laptop and networked PC; got this working OK but in the process I had trouble starting the engines and in an earlier post one tip was to reload the aircraft model. That fixed it.
    I am now progressively trying to introduce the software into my main sim ( but without losing the functionality of my existing setup).
    First try on loading FMGC was that it upset the simconnect of my existing system. That is now OK with latest software so thanks JL.
    I now have the software loaded on one of the sim PC's which has both FSX and P3D installed.
    All seems to work fine except again I cannot start the engines! I have downloaded the model again (twice) and re-installed but that has not fixed it. I have Ground Power, APU, APU Bleed, Pumps on etc etc all of which show appropriate indications. Throttles, sticks, flaps, spoilers all calibrated, throttle position indications are normal. Same result using FSX or P3D.
    I get the selected engine winding up to 5-10% N2 and then it winds down again. I feel as though I want to go outside and squirt some fuel in manually!
    Any other ideas would be welcome, I have been trying for three evenings so far!
    Barry
    www.a320sim.com
    Last edited by Barrykensett; 09-25-2014 at 05:05 AM. Reason: typo

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Engine start problems again

Barry,

you may try the following procedure:

1. Start your sim
    2. Start your flight with the default Cessna 172 on any ground position
    3. Shutdown the Cessna and turn all switches OFF
    4. Save this flight
    5. Load the Airbus and then start the FMGS software

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Stephan

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Engine start problems again

Stephan
    Thanks for that advice, I may need it in future. Have cracked the problem which is that FS starts my AST server automatically even though I am not using that software. Stopping that server fixed my starting problem and I carried out a flight albeit a bit difficult with all of the programs running on one screen. Next step is to spread the PFD, ND, EWD, SD onto other PC's and screens.
    Barry
    www.a320sim.com