Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Here's my Work In Progress

RodeoGeorge

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.

Re: Here's my Work In Progress

This looks very nice. I'm working on something similar myself. What are the size of the tripple monitors?

Thanks for the compliment.

The three monitors are BENQ GL2760s (27 inch). I picked them up at FRYs Electronics up in Portland, OR on sale when I was up there.

I finally got my chair pedestal built. Picked up a new "take out" car seat in Phoenix, AZ for $25. Found them on CraigList.
    Also added the ASUS Transformer Prime 10" Android Tablet (to the left) that runs FlightMap. It can also run the FlightGauges Android program, but obviously don't need them since I'm using Panel Builder. And added the shelf to the right for the keyboard and trackball, which now are very seldom used once FSX is loaded.

I have this GPS (http://www.desktopaviator.com/Produc...2450/index.htm) headed inbound to go in the space to the left of the instrument display screen.

And finally, the "engine" for the Sim. ASUS Maximus VI Extreme with i-4770K, 32GB DRAM, ASUS Poseidon GTX-780, Six SSDs (two each in RAID0 for Drives C, D, and E), 1000W Corsair PS, with everything under water cooling. Runs in the low 30*C range with FSX Max'd out.

RodeoGeorge

I'll try posting this again, as it did not post the first time (yesterday).

The Monitors are 27" BENQ GL2760s. I picked them up at FRYs Electronics in Portland OR on sale when I was up there.

The build continues. I built my seat pedestal for the new "take out" seat I found on CraigList in Phoenix for $25. I've also added a 10" ASUS Transformer Prime Tablet to the left for FlightMap, and a shelf for the keyboard and TrackBall (which gets very little use after loading FSX).

I just received a DeskTopAviator model 2450B GPS that will be installed in the space to the left of the instrument monitor.

Here's a picture of the "engine" that drives this Sim. ASUS Maximus VI Extreme with i7-4770K, 32GB DRAM, Poseidon GTX-780, six SSDs (thee pairs of 2 in RAID0 for Drives C, D, and E). Full water cooling and runs around 30*C with FSX under full load.

RodeoGeorge

25+ Posting Member

That's awsome, I've also recognized your e-cigarette on the table that is allowed in a cockpit
    I think that you must now re-arrange a bit to look more like on a plane, like removing the tool box furniture and your PC towercase... IMO