10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Can lekseecon or the 767 "flow over"?

Dear all,
    I have tried to program the MCP Mode and Range selectors. If I take a usual, off-the-shelf joystick and program six different buttons with six functions (i.e. ranges), this works.

However, I am using rotary encoders and EPIC. The rotary encoders turn, obviously, indefinitely. EPIC reads out the direction in which they turn. Accordingly, a variable is increased or decreased. The variable will not go higher than 6 and not go lower than 1. And it will not "wrap" (go from 1 to 6 or from 6 to 1, only "back and fourth" is allowed, not "all the way round").

After the variable has so been set, EPIC "reads" the variable which will be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6. Now - it does not really read it, it is rather an "if - then" programming that will go through all the possible values until the right value is found. According to the respective value, EPIC then emulates a pulse one of six joystick buttons and sends it to FS9.

These joystick buttons are associated with the lekseecon / FSUIPC offsets. This works very well when I open the Gamecontroller. The six joystick buttons are flashing happily. In FS9, I go to FSUIPC and check the settings. Again, turning the knob shows the Offsets flawlessly.

But in the 767, after a few turns, everything freezes. So the problem must be either in the Level-D software or in lekseecon. I have tried all different tricks such as delaying the inputs so as not to give too much input in too little time. Or I have used "press", "delay" and "release" instead of sending a pulse.

Any idea what might be jamming the process? Is it possible that lekseecon or the 767 are receiving too much input and flowing over?

Best regards,
    Holger

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim kiek's Avatar

Re: Can lekseecon or the 767 "flow over"?

Quote Originally Posted by shorthauler View Post
    I have tried to program the MCP Mode and Range selectors.
    Please be more precise. MCP Mode and Range? Do you mean EHSI Mode and Range?

However, I am using rotary encoders and EPIC.
    Why rotary encoders? Mode and range offsets are typically to be used with rotary switches with exactly the number of positions....

According to the respective value, EPIC then emulates a pulse one of six joystick buttons and sends it to FS9.
    Why emulating pulses for joystick buttons in FS9? You should sent the values (1 to 6) to the lekseecon offset in FSUIPC ...

These joystick buttons are associated with the lekseecon / FSUIPC offsets
    Well a bit of a detour, but it should work under the condition that you now put a value in the offset...

I do not know EPIC. But if it is not possible to read/write from EPIC from/to FSUIPC offsets directly, I would not consider EPIC an option for implementation of a 767 flight deck..

Regards,
    Nico
    Last edited by kiek; 09-14-2014 at 11:14 AM.

10+ Posting Member

The rotary encoders are a limitation of my hardware. I don't have a six position rotary switch. But EPIC can emulate almost everything which is why I am still using it. In this case, I can make a rotary encoder work as if it were a six position rotary switch.

I am now using offsets. This works, as long as I am sending "1", then delay for 40 milliseconds and then send "0" (for the same offset).

For some reason, which I fail to understand, this does not work for the offsets 459 and 460 (0x91cb and 0x91cc). So I can switch between the ranges of 40 and 320, but I cannot go down to 20 or 10.

Best,
    Holger

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim kiek's Avatar

Hi Holger,
    For some reason, which I fail to understand, this does not work for the offsets 459 and 460 (0x91cb and 0x91cc). So I can switch between the ranges of 40 and 320, but I cannot go down to 20 or 10.
    Range 20 and 10 are variables 458 and 457

Regards,
    Nico