Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Taking the plunge!

Greetings All! I've decided to take my hobby to the next level, doing a home build! I've been an aviation enthusiast all my life. I grew up next to Lambert St. Louis watching planes come and go (in the early 70's) as a little boy I have always loved commercial airliners (and anything TWA). I had the privilege of being a flight medic on the now retired C-9 (DC-9) Nightingale while in the Air Force, so long story short, I love anything on the DC-9 platform (JT8D engines are a drug haha). I've been flying a desk for the past 18 years, now its time to take the next step on a home build. I've been kicking the idea around the past year, I've watched hours of video clips and read articles and know enough to make a mess I think. You guys (esp. in the UK) have some nice stuff and great ideas. I know most on this site have awesome Boeing and Airbus builds, but I plan on building a MD-80 pit. I have already submitted an overhead panel print to a local print shop and anxiously waiting to start mounting switches with my 1st Bodner BU0836X board on the way. I plan to post pics as I go so feel free to give some constructive critiques to do it better. Any resources or links on DC-9/MD-80 building would be much appreciated. Thank you all in advance!

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Re: Taking the plunge!

There are a few resources out there for the DC9, and it's not as unique as some cockpit builds i've seen in the past.
    Best of luck with the project.

All the best
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

10+ Posting Member

Re: Taking the plunge!

Seen what you have built in other threads, and I have to say I really like it. Its simple yet effective. Also currently building on a restricted budget, so it is interesting to see what others have managed to do. Good luck with you build, and please keep us updated with pictures