150+ Forum Groupie

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

MIP Measurements

Hello Fellow Pilots,

I'm currently in the process of making a home made MIP stand and panel, using Peter from Denmark (Build a Boeing) drawings. Thanks Peter for a great website.

I was getting most of my panel measurements from Marcus Pilot.com but recently installed a 30 day trial version of autocad in order to have a look at the autocad drawings offered in the MyCockpit download section. Both drawings (Marcus's and the CAD version) seem to differ slightly from one another. For instance, the PFD and ND openings show 180 x 180 mm in Marcus's measurements, where as the CAD from the downloads section show 186 x 186 mm. What i'm wondering is how important this difference is? Is a larger viewing area better in this case? Which view area confirms more to the 737 NG? There are a few other differences in measures, but I can pretty much draw it all out to fit.

Appreciate your thoughts on this.

500+ This must be a daytime job Sean Nixon's Avatar

Re: MIP Measurements

My Engravity MIP visible screen sizes are 180w x 175h. The reduced height appears to be due to the presence of the screen release bar across the bottom.

Sean

150+ Forum Groupie

Thanks Sean.

That tells me I'm in the ball park. Going to go with the 180 x 180 for now. Think I'll be calling this first MIP a protoype. lol Easier on the nerves if I think of it that way. One other question on measurements.

Can you tell me what your distance was inside to inside on the CDU Bay. Marcus measures his CDU 150 across, where as my FDS CDU measures 145 across the width. I'm curious as to whether I should close it in by 10 mm or keep the same as Marcus and have the extra width to play with. His total inside width is 515, where as mine would work out to 505. I've also seen Peter's measurements at 520, so not sure why all the differences. Different sized CDU's perhaps?

500+ This must be a daytime job Sean Nixon's Avatar

My CDU bay is 505 wide.

I'm pretty sure 145 is a standard width in the 737 (and perhaps others). It can't be a coincidence that all the modules and panels that fit onto DZU rails are all 145. The 3 rows in the centre pedestal, the 4 large rows in the overhead, the CDU's, all 145.

Sean

150+ Forum Groupie

Thanks a lot Sean. Exactly the information I was looking for.