Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

BODNARS DESIGNATIONS??

Hello again.

I know that this will sound a bit odd, and it's probably so simple that no one has questioned this before!!
    Bodnars card has the following -

X, Y, Z, Xrot' Yrot, Zrot, SLD, DIAL

I connect ailerons and elevators to X ad Y. but what typically would connect to the others?
    What rotates, what dials, and what slides? Bodnar says that there are 8 analog axis, giving the impression that any pot, for any purpose will connect to these? He has not replied to any emails - any advice appreciated.

On another subject, I am using 25k pots from an old Saitek yoke, but notice that very little movement is needed to move the ailerons and elevators which I would like to move with larger yoke actions.
    I am wondering if this could be adjusted in FS, or maybe using larger value pots?

Many thanks.

TONY, Plymouth U

10+ Posting Member

Re: BODNARS DESIGNATIONS??

Hi Tony,

I made a B-17 throttle quad, and I use all of them on multiple cards for 4 each of the individual throttle, mixture, and RPM levers. Also for the turbo boost dial, heat control lever, sliding cockpit windows, and radio volume knob.

I use rotary potentiometers for the throttle quad, turbo boost dial, and heat control lever.
    Slide potentiometers for the windows. Any pot or encoder, for any purpose, will connect to these various axis. I use rotary encoders for the aileron, rudder and elevator trim wheels but they are connected to 6 of the 32 other functions on the card, not the axis.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by boris4356 View Post
    Hi Tony,

I made a B-17 throttle quad, and I use all of them on multiple cards for 4 each of the individual throttle, mixture, and RPM levers. Also for the turbo boost dial, heat control lever, sliding cockpit windows, and radio volume knob.

I use rotary potentiometers for the throttle quad, turbo boost dial, and heat control lever.
    Slide potentiometers for the windows. Any pot or encoder, for any purpose, will connect to these various axis. I use rotary encoders for the aileron, rudder and elevator trim wheels but they are connected to 6 of the 32 other functions on the card, not the axis.

Bill
    Thanks Bill. I just wondered why there were different descriptions for different axis inputs - if they are all basically the same and will take any pot for any purpose??
    Not important though.

TONY.

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by manhattan View Post
    Thanks Bill. I just wondered why there were different descriptions for different axis inputs - if they are all basically the same and will take any pot for any purpose??
    Not important though.

TONY.
    Your welcome Tony!

I wondered the same thing when I was building my cockpit. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make everything work but it all ended up ok.

Bill