Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Need help with what spec my new PC should be!!

I mean do the computers all have to plug in to a kind of hub or how do you sort out networks are the computers all joined by usb i havent got a clue as u may tell. I was planning on 1 projector for my view and 4 for my glass cockpit, leaving me with one screen to use as a kind if control screen.

300+ Forum Addict

Ok, if you're just using a glass cockpit the displays can run on one or two less powerful pc's and the beamer only on your flight sim pc. Connect them to a router or a switch (networking basics are a bit much to explain here)
    Something like this :
    pc.jpg
    Gigabyte GA-Z97X - Intel i7 4790K@4,6 GHz - GSkill TridentX F3-2400C9D-8GTXD - 2 X Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - Seagate SSHD 2TB - Asus GTX780 DC2 OC 3GD5 - Windows 10 Professional 64

10+ Posting Member

Okay so i should run fsx glass cockpit and addons on the more powerful pc, then scenery etc on slave pc's.
    canr thank you enough for your help

300+ Forum Addict

Glass cockpit on slave pc's. FSX and addons only on the power pc.
    Gigabyte GA-Z97X - Intel i7 4790K@4,6 GHz - GSkill TridentX F3-2400C9D-8GTXD - 2 X Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - Seagate SSHD 2TB - Asus GTX780 DC2 OC 3GD5 - Windows 10 Professional 64

10+ Posting Member

This has sort of been stated before in the thread, but I will take it up again cause it hurt me when I bought my PC.

Get faster RAM, I thought get MORE ram was the correct thing and that was what I did. What I should have done was getting FASTER ram. Why you may ask? Well first of the flight sim does not need so much ram (and I went with 32Gb, 1600Mhz). And more important faster ram lets you overclock your CPU more stable. Why is that important, well it really isn't when it comes to CPU speed, but it is when it comes to BUS speed to the graphic card. Since CPU and BUS speed often follow each other, just raising the ram speed to 1833 made a huge difference of what my machine could push to the graphic card. Sadly it works for a while and then hangs cause of my cheap memory I put in.

I'm currently thinking of ripping out my 32GB of 1600Mhz, and putting 8Gb-12Gb of 2100Mhz or 2400Mhz depending on what the mother board can handle (have to check).

Also, from what I heard, SLI works in best cases and can cause a lot of trouble. Meaning, it does work, but not trouble free. But take that as rumours. I would go with one card or with two card but not in SLI mode. Important, many motherboards cuts the PCI multiplier in half when more then one card is inserted. A PCI x16 would go down to x8, meaning less BUS speed to push graphics to the card per slot if more then one card is installed. Read up on the motherboard before you put in two cards.

Also you only need two outputs from your card, cause you can get a Matrox TrippleHead2Go. That connects three screens and merges those so it looks like one screen for the card. Adding one projector to that setup and you only need two outputs.

However, if you want something more configurable you could go with something like Eyefinity, Club 3D has a card with 6 outputs! BIG Warning tho, Radeon drivers are no way near the stability of the NVidia ones.

I went with one of those, its a bit less powerful, but it works great cause I connect 3 projectors and 3 screens. Yes with that amount of hardware connected, I have to run on low graphical settings in X-plane .. my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12