Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    500+ This must be a daytime job

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Install Problems

Ben, Fsuipc is not needed if you run FSX.
    Jl,
    Managed to get an ALL CONNECTED messages in The Server window. Thanks for the help, now its onwards and upwards.

I know it is in Beta so the following is just some points from a complete new person with curiosity for Airbus experience.

1. Even after doing a fresh install of FSX there was still no Simconnect.xml file installed in
    Users/Myname/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX folder. So in my case this generated the error message " the system cannot
    Locate the Object specified " message appears. I read somewhere by someone knowledgeable that it is the Addon that
    generates this file.

2. When you install this program and you check the Options you want, I assumed that by unchecking FS2004 support
    that anything related to this would not have any effect. However on starting FMGS from the start menu you
    automatically start the Fs2004 version and not FSX even though you unchecked FS2004 support.As fsx is generally the favoured Sim today the default be FSX start.exe.
    3. The other thing I noticed is that when selecting option to see if you have a connection,
    in my case it says no but it is connected as says so on the Server Message Window.

The above things caught me out along with multiple windows on a single pc(I know not admirable) but a few people like me may want to try it out.

I had a look in the Starter.ini to change the auto start but didn't see any where to change it. Can you do it?.
    All in all it's interested me to go ahead and do something more, Thanks
    Pleas be sure the above comments were only made to possibly reduce the frustration someone like me might encounter and put them off using a Brilliant piece of Freeware.
    Thanks
    Les

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hi iwiki -- the documentation is slightly outdated (due to the pace JL updates his software!), so somethings may not have been updated.

Yes, the link created on the programs directory listing points towards Starter.exe which may confuse some people. Perhaps in the next release JL can remove creating the program listing.

Starter.ini is just a list of all the programs, modules you want to open at the same time. I would recommend running the modules separately until you are assured they work correctly before running this batch program.

500+ This must be a daytime job

Thanks Ben,
    Yes that's a good idea. I just find when starting something like JL software it can be quite confusing mainly because Beta
    stuff changes so quickly. Now that I have got the hang of things I will be on my way.
    The thing that got me on the right track was when I added FSUIPC and it gave me an error message. The lights when on
    in my brain.
    Les

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12