Thread: Where to start?

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Where to start?

I am new to arduino. I have a basic knowledge in electronics so I managed to hook up the HD44780 with my Arduino mega and I managed to get Link2FS show me data from a demo file on my LCD display.
    How can I create my own file? I realy dont know a lot about the arduino language, I planned to program it with LabView, which is far more intuitive.
    I want to create gear up/down indicator. When I raise the gear 3 red LEDS will illuminate and the LCD will show "Gear Up". Same idea for "Gear Down", only with green LED.

I need some help with writing the code for the Arduino. I have read the readme but I didnt find any code instructions.
    And if there is a way to use LabView to write the code for Link2FS, let me know...

Thanks in advance!

75+ Posting Member

Re: Where to start?

Welcome!

There is a sample code which I used for my 3-LED setup. I'm using RGB 5mm LEDs, so the same LEDs will illuminate green or red depending on the gear status. Get this code and check it out. I also have a 20x4 LCD display which is in a project I use to control the radio stack and has other functions including showing the flaps status (UP/Down and position) and gear status.

I use the Arduino IDE to program but you can use other programming environments. Once you create the file you have to use the Arduino software to compile it and send it to your Arduino card. I have 2 Megas also.

Search (Google?) for the Arduino Gear info. There's a video on YouTube by someone - myfreetimestory - showing it in action.

75+ Posting Member

Hi bar rodoy,
    Have you checked out the official Arduino website: arduino.cc ? There is a wealth of examples and reference material available there to help you get started.
    Happy Flying.

I think you didnt understand me, guys. I know where to find tutorials and instructions about Arduino programing, but AFAIK, LINK2FS has its own commands... I just don't understand how to write code in IDE and use it with Link2FS.