300+ Forum Addict

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re-Install question.................

Gooday JL,
    Just wondering if you could post some directions on the best and safest way to do a complete re-install. As we know, occasionalyy files get corrupted etc, so a re-install is necessary. The main problem is to retain the Leds and buttons that I specifically have on InterFaceIT cards and also the joystick settings for Controls etc., on Bodnar cards.

I also use CPFlight FCU, but I presume I only need the Com. number for that. So is just using the Uninstall file in FMGS enough to clear any problems or do we need to delete any other files?

Many thanks...........................Brian W.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Re: Re-Install question.................

Hi Brian,

If you want to make a clean install, the easiest might be to simply make a backup of the complete FMGS folder, and re-install over the same initial folder. This will put back in place all the exe and dll files. It will not overwrite the configuration files.

If you truly want to make it clean, still do a backup (actually, a copy of the FMGS folder can work just the same as the original folder, the installer is there only to make the installation easier than it was before in a zip file). Then uninstall. All config files should be kept.
    You can delete the remaining files (this will delete the config files) and then you'll have to put them back manually using you backup.

The files for the switches/LEDs are usually in the hardware modules folder. These are the NON DLL files. Also, in FMGS Server folder, you have Acontrols.cfg and JoySW.cfg which are the joystick setup files.
    The EIS positions/sizes are stored in the PFD.ini, BD.ini etc... files in the EIS folder.

Cheers,
    JL

300+ Forum Addict

Re: Re-Install question.................

JL, many thanks for that. That is what I needed to know and keep for a reference .

Cheers.....................Brian W.