Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Selection of output/display control board

Hi there

I have a generic cockpit, which I have built over the years but I am afraid that I have run into a problem when I updated to Windows 7 (64). Up to now I have used a TRC Multicontroller board and two TRC Controller Boards to feed TRC Gauges and provide info for O/Head panels. All of these I have had to remove due to none compatibility between my new OS and TRC. I have replaced them by using three of Leo Bodnor’s BU0836X Universal Joystick Controllers in conjunction with FSUIPC4 and using a further three monitors and turning more to software than hardware.

My problem is that in my older cockpit I had a small O/Head panel which I used for aircraft lights and warning lights which was fed from one of the TRC boards which was programmed with built in offsets which included Out Marker ,Mid Marker , In Marker, Overspeed, Doors Open, Stall, Gear Busy, Gear Up, Gear Down, Nose Wheel on Ground, Left Wheel on Ground, Right Wheel on Ground, Low Fuel and Low RPM. I have no problem with the aircraft lights as I have provided these through FSUIPC4 and the BU0836X’s with the use of buttons, switches and rotary encoders.

Now I looking for a replacement output/display control board preferably with offsets included (same as the TRC board) but are compatible with my Windows 7 (64) OS. The only item that I have not replaced in my cockpit at this stage is this small O/Head with about nine warning lights as outlined above, nothing else.

If it is not possible to have the offsets available directly off the board I believe that it would be possible to use the offsets which are in FSUIPC through Lua Plug-Ins . However this would involve writing Lua files which I know nothing about. I also know very little concerning which board would be the most appropriate to carry out the functions that I want.

I would be most grateful for any guidance in this area.

My sincere thanks in anticipation

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Selection of output/display control board

Perhaps if I keep my question more to the point without details I may get some response.

I want to buy an I/O card that has some offsets preset and contains the software to communicate with FSX. This card will only be used to feed an O/Head panel containing warning lights. My knowledge of useing I/O cards is very limited and I would be most grateful if someone from the site could advise me as to the best way to achieve this.

My sincere thanks in anticipation