Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Opencockpits B737 FMC V3 problems getting the keys to work and the screen to sync up

Hello, I sent the following tech support request to Opencockpits but have not heard back yet. Thought I'd try positng it on My Cockpit, maybe others have experienced similar issues and perhaps have a resolution.

I recently purchased the B737 FMC V3 to use with my PMDG 737NGX 800/900. I run Windows 7, Intel i7 quad core, 64/32. The unit looks very good but I'm having trouble getting it to operate correctly. Two problems: 1. getting the keys on the FMC V3 to work, and 2. correctly sizing the FMC V3 screen so that the 12 LSKs (6 on each side of the screen) line up with actual text on the screen. I'm following the FMC V3 setup process as outlined in the article referred to on the B737 FMC V3 products page of the Opencockpits website. That article is titled: "Review of new FMC B-737 V3 (2M27) Manufactured by Opencockpits"
    The link to this article on Opencockpits website states: "You can read a very good review about the product at Mutley's Hangar". That article is, indeed, very good. It specifically states the steps one needs to follow to get the FMC V3 up and running. I followed the steps exactly as stated in that article. Maybe there are some additional steps I need to take that are not cited in that article?

1. Here's what I've done so far: I've connected the 3 cables (VGA, power, and USB). I've downloaded the SIOC software, and the PMDG drivers (both the OCP4B7x7 Manager and the OCP4NGX). I then installed all three proigrams onto my harddrive. I run the sioc.ini file from the OCP4B7x7 Manager, and then modified the "Masters" portion of the sioc.ini (on my system it is: 13,13,1,14 and saved that modified sioc.ini to the SIOC folder. I then run FSX and load the PMDG 737 NGX. I then run the run OCP4NGX Manager, click on the "Aircraft to Fly" and then click on the cockpit part of the OCP4NGX Manager. Using "click and drag" I can get the undocked PMDG CDU to move to the FMC V3 screen, however, none of the keys on the FMC V3 work. For example, I presse LSK 1 Left (next to the "FMC" text line on the screen) but nothing happens. I've tried loading the PMDG 737NGX first and then running the OCP4NGX Manager, but this doesn't fix the problem.

2. I'm also having a problem getting the text on the screen on the FMC V3 to line up with the LSK keys on either side of the screen. I've tried numerous screen resolutions for the FMC V3 screen but nothing seems to work.
    The FMC V3 screen text is too small and out of sync with the actual LSK keys.

Hopefully I'm just missing a simple step or two and that tech support wiill provide the answer. I am really forward to using OpenCockpit's B737 FMC V3.
    Thank you,
    Steve DelVecchio

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Opencockpits B737 FMC V3 problems getting the keys to work and the screen to sync up

Hi Steve.

I was wondering if you ever resolved your issue of getting the keys on your FMC V3 working?

I have never asked for help here before but after several attempts asking for help from OC with no replies at all, I decided to try the forums, like you, to see if anyone else has had this problem and figured it out.

I too am in the exact same situation that you are describing. I purchased the FMS V3 a few weeks back. I have been able to modify the panel configure file for the display and it lines up pretty good now after undocking, dragging, and resizing; that was relatively easy. I have also finally got the keys working after days of endless hours trying different installations and tweeks with the drivers from OC's website that they claim should be painless to connect the FMS to PMDG. But....I still have one problem an it seems no one can figure it out. Every time I press a key on the unit, it displays double characters for that key, or double inputs for that key press. Does anyone have any ideas what could be doing this? When I look at the key presses through the IOCPconsile it is only registering one input and the "zeroing" it back out like it should, so I am at a loss on this one. The script is the one from RK Software which is what OC has in their downloads to drive this unit.

Please help if you can and thanks for taking the time.

Greg