Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: A320 FMGS B34

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS B34

Hi Adonis, the reference was from the training notes by Eric Parks.

How often do you guys do single-engine taxis out?

I remember sitting in the body (mid fusalage) of an airasia A330 and while taxxing you would hear all these clunking -- had to reassure my wife there was nothing wrong with the aircraft

Airasia just bought 50 A330 neos!

25+ Posting Member

Hi OminiAtlas.

Glad to know to have good information at hand.

Well the single engine taxi procedure is pretty common on behalf to save life hours to an engine thus reducing maintenance costs also fuel consumption.

Except in some operational conditions, such as uphill slopes, slippery taxiways (snow or rain), or high gross weight,it may be advisable to taxi on one engine. The flight crew must exercise caution when taxiing on one
    engine to avoid generating excessive jet blast, you should never exceed more than 40% N1.

Also that clunking sound for sure was the PTU, presurizing the yellow system and making sure there is noseweel steering.

Nice to hear that from Airasia, unfortunately a bad year to Malaysia airlines.

I have just made a great flight with beta 34.2 , new impresions will be posted soon.

Best regards.
    Adonis

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi all. I have some issues with the hardwareconnect.exe. Always when in final approach the .exe crashes and my hardware (Skalarki) is not recongnized anymore, so i have to restart the .exe. Does someone have the same issue, i am running the lastest update on all pc's.

best regrads
    stefan

150+ Forum Groupie

hi stefan,
    i'm actually away from home for a long time so no way to update and try.
    BTW, when having troubles with hardwareconnect best is to contact directly marcin and report so he can try reproducing it: did u report this on its forum or directly to him?
    all the best
    fil

Stefan,

Ran my new Skalarki FCU+EFIS yesterday, and worked perfect on an EKCH-EGKK flight.
    I have needed a couple of start stop of the Skalarki profiler at the beginning of the session, but I think that comes down to finding the right sequence to start everything in...
    Cheers Stephen
    P3Dv4 Prof, FMGS A320, 1080p OH for ext. & 1080p 24" for int., TM Warthog, VATSIM (vPilot)

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by SSO View Post
    Stefan,

Ran my new Skalarki FCU+EFIS yesterday, and worked perfect on an EKCH-EGKK flight.
    I have needed a couple of start stop of the Skalarki profiler at the beginning of the session, but I think that comes down to finding the right sequence to start everything in...
    Hi Stephen
    thank you for your feedback. Tried yesterday different ways of starting the apps, and even on ground I have the crashes. Posted now at Marcins hp. Will go on holiday the next two weeks, so it may be solved when i am back��.
    br
    stefan

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi,

it looks as if these hardware connect crashes have been nearly gone on my system. Half a year ago it was also very bad, had crashes of hardware connect on nearly every flight. Marcin asked me to send him a log file which is located in subfolder "hardware modules". You need to save this log file before manually restarting hardware connect, otherwise it will be overwritten. Maybe you can produce one and send it to Marcin if you have not done yet?

Regards
    Stefan

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Stefan
    good to know, I may go down stairs for the last flight before taking off to LEPA tomorrow morning sim.jpg

Best regards
    Stefan

9. Likes SSO liked this post
    25+ Posting Member

Hi guys.

im using Skalarki and the best way I found to have it running smootly is like a exterior walk around in the Airbus.

First: make sure everything is connected. go to windows device manager, and make sure everything appears as connected.

Second: open skalarki profiler, make sure to stop any running profile.

Third: perfom an IO Test, randomly choose inputs and outputs , and see how your pedestal , fcu, mcdu and overhead lights on, then close the iO test tool. if you find any problem at this point it is better to restart computer and repeat three steps again. This is the most important step at all, for some reason sometimes usb ports holds small current charges and this affects IO cards. Also make sure you are not using any front usb ports from your PC they use a different voltage setting.

Fourth : run FSx or Prep3D, choose your flight and run it.

Fifth: run starter, make sure everything in your client computers is running too.

Sixth: skalarki profiler is listening for running applications. run your profile when everything is green.

This process takes about six minutes but helps improving stability as I said before its like a walk around, you never know what can be wrong.

Regards
    Adonis

25+ Posting Member

Good day Jeehell.

A few points in the test, I have compared and discused them with a few fellows buddies and this is what we found:

The flight by wire protections works excellent, I made a flight test and disconnected elacs and secs and plane can even make a barrel roll. the red baron can feel jealous at this point

The logic for ELACs just needs a pinpoint: remember to make plane return to 33 degrees as soon as sidestick pressure is released between 67 and 33 degrees on roll angle

Pitch controls are still too heavy. It is not possible to make a nice landing

-Climb. -

Pitch control, requieres a bit of tunning. SRS is searching for about 15 degrees pitch up attitude. , While in climb, after passing acceleration altitude, plane noses down around three to five degrees as expected in order to gain speed with same engine power.

Then planes accelerates towards F speed, but pitch control is not accurate, you can see negative vertical speed values in order to gain speed. My recomendation is to lower nose about three degrees and keep that pitch, plane will gain speed and altitutude at a lower rate, and the most important the climb rate will be positive. .... negative vertical speeds has generated TERRAIN TERRAIN alerts.

The Alt mode changes are not modeled while in SRS. It is possible to change to CLIMB or OPEN CLIMB due to ATC requests , but unable in a standard takeoff with jeehells.

Regards.

Adonis

12. Thanks SSO thanked for this post
    Likes SSO liked this post