Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: A320 FMGS B34

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS B34

Thank you for your tips Adonis, unfortunately not running much hardware for now (hope to add some skalarki, and flybycockpits in a few weeks/months).

What is your home setup like? Regards.

Ben

Hi JL -- is the following modeled?

Speedbrakes and Ground Spoilers

Green SPD BRK memo on ECAM when speedbrakes extended. Flashes amber when thrust is applied with speedbrake extended.

Ground Spoilers extend automatically:

Partial Extension – On landing –
    Reverse selected on at least one engine with other at or near idle –and– one main landing gear strut compressed

Full Extension – On landing or on takeoff above 72 kts. (rejected takeoff) –
    Both thrust levers at idle (spoilers armed) –or–
    Reverse thrust selected on at least one engine with other at idle (spoilers not armed) and both mains compressed.

---

Is it difficult to program a 'partial' speedbrakes vs 'full' extension with the logic described above? Thank you.

25+ Posting Member

Hello all,

regarding to Skalarki, i have from time to time issues with hardwareconnect crashing, mostly at end of flight on final. I will check with the advices from Adonis again and will see, if the problems vanish.
    Sometimes i have the problem, if reversethrust is set back to idle the reaction from FMGS comes after 10-40 sec (differs every time), even if inputs are repeated. I thought, the inputcommands were lost, but after some time i can see on EWD that system is now reacting to all commands. (FMGS is performing repeated REV->IDLE->Thrust->IDLE->etc.) Anyone has similar issues?
    I will point that to Marcin from Skalarki too, maybe he has a solution for it.

Regards Henrik

150+ Forum Groupie

i'm running ALL and ONLY skalarki hardware for 1 year now (FCU, GLARE, MIP, 2xMCDUs, PEDESTAL and OVERHEAD)...from my experience really few hardware connect crashes...became quite no crashes at all in the few months.
    i programmed FSUIPC to run FMGS when fsx fully loaded (run, ready) after that it launches skalarki profiler with my profile defaulted...no other tricks.
    important as adonis advised is to periodically check if all devices are recognized & connected in windows.
    critical for all cockpit builders to uncheck in windows power saving options to let system deactivate usb ports power.

even if i'm not a real pilot i often fly with real 320 pilots in my sim and all confirmed adonis feedback about sidestick pitch input: they are too heavy...pitch input should be more "sensitive"...i had that idea by myself but happy to have it confirmed by real pilots.
    just my 2 cents
    fil

Quote Originally Posted by OmniAtlas View Post
    Hi JL -- is the following modeled?

Speedbrakes and Ground Spoilers

Green SPD BRK memo on ECAM when speedbrakes extended. Flashes amber when thrust is applied with speedbrake extended.

Ground Spoilers extend automatically:

Partial Extension – On landing –
    Reverse selected on at least one engine with other at or near idle –and– one main landing gear strut compressed

Full Extension – On landing or on takeoff above 72 kts. (rejected takeoff) –
    Both thrust levers at idle (spoilers armed) –or–
    Reverse thrust selected on at least one engine with other at idle (spoilers not armed) and both mains compressed.

---

Is it difficult to program a 'partial' speedbrakes vs 'full' extension with the logic described above? Thank you.
    Hi Ben,

Unfortunately as far as I know it is not possible to detect situations where only one landing gear strut is compressed...

JL

Thread closed, new version available here:
    http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28295

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617