Thread: My GA simpit

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

My GA simpit

Decided to share the general simulator that I built 4 years ago. I wanted something that was general instead of something to emulate a specific aircraft, with emphasis on GA type aircraft. I can't take credit for the original concept, that came from here - http://www.simpit.christrup.net/ I used Google Sketchup (free) to design the simulator to match my specs (screens, other changes, etc). I have been pleased with the result, but I still want to add a small screen to the right of the MIP for GPS. So far I have not found a good solution for that. Controls & radios are Saitek; throttles, switches, trim, autopilot are Goflight. I'll post more info if anyone is interested. Also I am going to FlightSimCon in CT that I just found out about.
    Gene
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks skino thanked for this post

Re: My GA simpit

Nice work Gene.

10+ Posting Member

Hi Gene!

Your cockpit is so nice. You use 4 monitors, driven from one computer or more computers?
    Thanks.

BenkoG

10+ Posting Member

Thanks, BenkoG. Currently all monitors are driven from one computer. The 3 "cockpit view" monitors are run through TH2GO, and the instrument monitor is on the 2nd port of my video card. This works fine with planes that have a 2d cockpit available. Also it work with the Carendo Beech Baron, which I love to fly. However it does not work with the A2A 172, so I am currently building a 2nd small computer that I will network with the main computer. Then I will install Simplugins to create an instrument panel for the A2A 172. (Simplugins just released the interface for the A2A 172 insturments). I purchased the Simplugin software & tested it on my single computer, but the fps is not acceptable doing it that way.

Gene

10+ Posting Member

Hi Gene!

I can only today reply, mí workdays sometimes have extra loads :S
    By the way, in my rig Eyefinity works, for some reason I cannot trust about TH2Go. But this project with the 2nd computer very interesting; You install only Simplugins or full FSX with Simplugins? I think about building a cockpit, one computer (main or server) only for scenery, but the 2nd computer runs only gauges and I collect now the solutions... I'm eager to hear more about the technical solution used by you.
    Thanks.

BenkoG

10+ Posting Member

Hi BenkoG,
    Currently I am struggling with getting the second computer to work. When that happens, FSX with scenery will run on the main computer using the 3 main screens, and Simplugins will run the guages on the 2nd computer with the 4th monitor. My testing tells me it is impractical to run simplugin guages on the same computer as FSX, the frame rates are terrible (very choppy). So when I get it working I will post the result here.

Gene

10+ Posting Member

I finally got my second computer & the Simplugins Panel Builder with the A2A C172 aircraft to all work (still some wrinkles with controls, but basically working). Pic attached. The photo shows the A2A C172 running on the 3 screens from the main FSX computer via TH2GO. The 4th monitor has been moved to a smaller 2nd computer. Both computers are networked through a router. I use Track IR5 to look around the scenery. Panel Builder and the A2A gauges are installed on the 2nd computer. The A2A interface uses FSUIPC on the main computer to send the gauge data to Panel Builder which runs the gauges.

Most of my hardware works fine with the A2A C172. However I cannot get the GoFlight RP-48 push buttons to work correctly. I suspect that LUA programming is required to get these to work. If anyone has tried this I would be happy to hear how you solved the issues. I am a retired programmer, but have not tackled LUA yet.

Gene
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have you tried FSUIPC mousetrapping? If that doesn't work, then the clickspots may be XML variable, in which case you should follow this tutorial: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...p?f=23&t=19751

10+ Posting Member

Microsoft FSX Re: My GA simpit

Quote Originally Posted by GeneW View Post
    I finally got my second computer & the Simplugins Panel Builder with the A2A C172 aircraft to all work (still some wrinkles with controls, but basically working). Pic attached. The photo shows the A2A C172 running on the 3 screens from the main FSX computer via TH2GO. The 4th monitor has been moved to a smaller 2nd computer. Both computers are networked through a router. I use Track IR5 to look around the scenery. Panel Builder and the A2A gauges are installed on the 2nd computer. The A2A interface uses FSUIPC on the main computer to send the gauge data to Panel Builder which runs the gauges.

Most of my hardware works fine with the A2A C172. However I cannot get the GoFlight RP-48 push buttons to work correctly. I suspect that LUA programming is required to get these to work. If anyone has tried this I would be happy to hear how you solved the issues. I am a retired programmer, but have not tackled LUA yet.

Gene
    Hi Gene!

Thanks for your detailed answer. I fly with Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended, I'll try your version with this plane, but not use GoFlight equipments, sorry, I can't help in this issue.
    Remained one question now only: pls send me info about 2 pc's config! I'm IT person but in active. You can me contact in private too.
    Thanks.

BenkoG

10+ Posting Member

Thanks, Avro748. I have not looked into that, did not think it was pertinent. But I looked at your link, will have to do some research on that.

BenkoG, are you interested in my computer specs, how two computers talk to each other, or just how Panel Builder works across 2 computers? The two computers are just connected through a router, they just need the same subnet address. For example the router might have an IP address of 192.168.100.1, computer 1 might be 192.168.100.2, computer 2 might be 192.168.100.3.