Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    25+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

737 MIP modules.

I bought an Engine control module from Sismo a short time ago, and it has 2 x 20 pin ribbon cables, and 1 x 10 pin ribbon cable. My problem seems to be, finding an I/O board or Simcard Ethernet board that supports 20 pin connectors. Anyone else hit this problem?

Re: 737 MIP modules.

Ideally you would have also bought the CEIP card that allows you to connect the 20-pin off the EDC to it, They should have given you a connection diagram to go with the EDC (If not you can download it from their site). The CEIP also allows you to connect the Landing gear and other modules too.
    Regardless the connection diagram has the pinouts so you can cut the end of the 20-pin cable and use the individual wires to connect to any interface. Email Maurizio and I'm sure they'll help you out. They have never tried to push additional cards on me and always help me figure out the hookups.

3. Thanks wiganpilotsteve thanked for this post
    25+ Posting Member

I had a good look on their site and there was none that were suitable. I may end up going down the route of snipping off the block connector because I tried all other avenues and there is nothing out there that I can find. there are plenty that have multiple 10 pin connections though.

I bought cards from Hispapanels: SIMIO boards, they are awesome. I use IFLY 737 to link the variables straight to the hardware, no coding required. They might have the same pinout schema. Take a look: http://www.simioboard.com/ they also have a nice video how the linking is made. Also you can find the hardware guide to see the connector pinouts.

BW:Mika

6. Thanks wiganpilotsteve thanked for this post
    25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jylhami View Post
    I bought cards from Hispapanels: SIMIO boards, they are awesome. I use IFLY 737 to link the variables straight to the hardware, no coding required. They might have the same pinout schema. Take a look: http://www.simioboard.com/ they also have a nice video how the linking is made. Also you can find the hardware guide to see the connector pinouts.

BW:Mika
    Thanks for the link Mika. I have been emailing Sismo Because on the Data sheet they provide to download, there is a board there that it connects straight up to, this board also connects the landing gear a number of backlights and annunciators. But they do not have it for sale! The board listed is a CEIP Card V2, but this chap reckons I would be better off using Gic cards as they are cheaper, only there are no GIC cards with the right connectors. He said that to use the CEIP card V2 I would also need a CAIP card and it would be very expensive, not sure that he gets I am connecting the other stuff to it also. That's me stuck! I doubt I will ever be able to finish this cockpit, I am going to reply again to Sismo asking just how expensive these elusive boards are.

Hi, so which modules you now have and need to connect? which software you are using? Because there is always a choice to make a custom flatcable to connect to your modules and the other end to various II/O cards, like outputs, inputs and displays...

EDIT: just read your firts post again... so is it this module? http://www.sismo-soluciones.com/inde...3-08-20-detail

25+ Posting Member

I have taken a screen capture of an alternative wiring diagram that Sismo sent via email,
    Attached Images Attached Images

I see no problem using Simio cards or Open Cockpit cards in your case. Just need to make custom flatcables to connect to panels. Or make a small PCB where all the Inputs and outputs are connected, and then connect the panels to that board.
    (not nice, that Sismo has mixed inputs and outputs in one connector)

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jylhami View Post
    Hi, so which modules you now have and need to connect? which software you are using? Because there is always a choice to make a custom flatcable to connect to your modules and the other end to various II/O cards, like outputs, inputs and displays...

EDIT: just read your firts post again... so is it this module? http://www.sismo-soluciones.com/inde...3-08-20-detail
    It is yes, but the Gold line one with two tier rotary switches.

25+ Posting Member

I am slowly but surely building up a full collection of modules. I will in the near future have the landing gear lever, I already have a full set of ready built annunciators including the landing gear set that also has a ribbon cable. I know that there are a few I could build myself because I have the face plates, but as I don't really know fully what I am doing yet, I am tempted to just buy them complete.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast