Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
LINK2FS MULTI FSX v6 for EXPERTs released - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LINK2FS MULTI FSX v6 for EXPERTs released

75+ Posting Member

Re: LINK2FS MULTI FSX v6 for EXPERTs released

Quote Originally Posted by trakon View Post
    Hi Jim and thank You for your great software. The question i wanted to ask is - Is there Experts Mode version, planned for
    fs9 too or i need to migrate to fsx. Probably it is best for me to migrate to fsx , but if Experts mode for fs9 is planned anyway, i'll prefer to stick with fs9. Thanks.
    Balazs and trakon, have you tried the software with FS9/FSUIPC? You can try some of the functions without having the Arduino card plugged in or programmed. That's how I started. THEN I started to code. Load Link2fs Multi and try it. See if your FS responds to the commands Link2fs is sending.

I just tried Link2fs with Prepar3D v2.2 and it works...I guess maybe because it is using FSUIPC as the go-between FS and Link2fs.

25+ Posting Member

Hi Mike,
    First I want to thank you for your brilliant suggestion. If I understood right what you just said,I started FS9 together with Link2Fs6b for FSX. How I expected, simconnect part did not work, but the FSUIPC part worked like a baby J. Thanks .

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by trakon View Post
    Hi Mike,
    First I want to thank you for your brilliant suggestion. If I understood right what you just said,I started FS9 together with Link2Fs6b for FSX. How I expected, simconnect part did not work, but the FSUIPC part worked like a baby J. Thanks .
    Glad I was able to help! I just read that FS9 does not have SimConnect. I don't know of any way around that or if there is an alternative to SimConnect for FS9. There are plenty of offsets you can customize in the FSUIPC (experts) section, though.

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeb1028 View Post
    ... I don't know of any way around that or if there is an alternative to SimConnect for FS9. ...

There is something called FSConnect.dll by Russell Dirk http://www.dirks-software.ca/ . You place it in Modules Folder and it works just like SimConnect does. I think, that Simconnect actually is created upon that predecessor program, but I could be wrong. >
    As for theFSUIPC->
    Recently I’ve done some tests with FSUIPC part of the Link2FS-6bExp. Some of the extractions work great and other –don’t. Let’s say I am doing extraction from offset ‘11D0’ – Air Temperature. For the variable type I set ‘Short’ , for the formula ‘/256’ and it works fine, giving me the temperature, floating point inclusive. Then I try another extraction – offset ‘2840’ Main bus Voltage. According to FSUIPC_SDK , this is a double float variable ( FLOAT64). Then I set for the variable type –‘Double’ – and the row data is accurate – 0-24-28V and reset button is green as long as the value is an integer. Then when voltage starts to drop and raw result becomes a floating point variable, reset button turns red and the result is not getting trough. It could be me doing something not as I should. At the end of the day – it turns out that it is best not to try doing all the extractions using only FSUIPC part or only FSConnect/Simconect part but to use them both -simultaneously.

25+ Posting Member

Some Update: Same phenomenon happen when i use Expert's SimConnect Extraction- for example:

Vaiable: NAV CDI:1 Units: Number Raw Result: 127.0

When the raw result is 127, all is ok, but as soon Raw Result becomes floating point ( 126,47665 etc. ), the reset button turns red and the data stops getting trough.

500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar

@ Trakon ,,,
    You got to be kidding ,,, it's not my programs fault but the probability you have your regional settings set wrong on your computer.

Haven't you thought as to why no-one else has had this problem ???

Haven't you thought that its funny everyone else has a 'dot' as a decimal point ????

Go to your "regional settings" on your computer and change the decimal indicator from a comma to a dot.

@ balays88 ,,,
    I presume your talking about the inclusion of the ability to add FSUIPC stuff to the FS9 version ,, there are some "hi-end' sims out there that are still running FS9 by choice and want the ability to add a couple of things using Arduino cards, so I may add FSUIPC stuff when I get some spare time.
    No promises tho ,,, No time frame ,, but it's a possibility.

Cheers ,,, Jim
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

25+ Posting Member

Hi Jim, and thank you so much for your answer - i was never goeing to find out what i am doing wrong on my own.
    I changed 'comma' to a 'dot' as you advised me and now everithing works beautiful. Thanks again. I am such an .......

I finally revisited the problem of long data burst’s into a “busy” Arduino.

Now the data bursts on initial connection are split up as well as in the ‘Refresh’ bursts.

This is a tremendous help for people with large INO’s or people using rotary encoders while using the ‘Refresh’.
    Users of older versions should update to this one.

You can get it here ,,,
    www.jimspage.co.nz/link2fs_experts.htm
    (You may have to hit refresh to see the latest link on that page)

INO’s that work in version 6e will work fine in this release.

The ‘Card’ files from version 6e will work fine with this release. (Not fully tested )

The ‘expertsettings.ini’ file from version 6e will work fine with this release.

So people upgrading from version 6e only need the exe file. (I think ?? )

Hopefully I haven't 'bust' anything that was going as it's had very little testing.

Have fun ,,, Jim

10+ Posting Member

Hi Jim, Thanks for your excelent program. I'am still working to get things write. I build a Autopilot with 7 segments and 3 Rotary encoders, a radiostack with 3 lcd's and 4 rotary encoders. Next step: the lights department. With the old program I had some delay. Your new Expert program is working very good now.

I'am Dutch so English is not my home language, sorry for that.
    Danny

Thanks a lot Danny ,, that's the first indication I had that the change works, which is good news.

I was actually getting worried that something was wrong and no-one wanted to tell me

Your using a lot of extractions and inputs for all of them so hopefully things should all run smoothly for you now.

We would love to see some pictures Danny ??? it's always great to see what other people are building.

Thanks again Danny ,,, have fun ,,, Jim

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast