Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Small illuminated push buttons

Hi , i'm currently searchin for small illuminated buttons similar to the ones found on the Garmin G1000/G600/G500/GNS530 units , if someone could help me it would be really great !

Thanks

25+ Posting Member

Re: Small illuminated push buttons

Hi, Jay! I took a look at the Garmin buttons you mentioned. So, it seems you seek out momentary-contact, illuminated buttons? Is this correct? Those will be the only small, LED-lit buttons you can find. eBay has them, but you'll need to search in eBay under "LED momentary button" and then filter "Price + Shipping: lowest first" and they should abound on the first few listings pages. There will be 1,400 results: you will have a wide selection of LED colors, you will probably have to have someone remove the "power" emblem from their faces and paint on inverse-arrowheads, since that pattern does not exist on eBay switches...which, BTW, are very inexpensive yet will come directly from China.

Also, if you don't like red, blue or green LEDs that are offered in these switches, it is possible to get separate LEDs (very small, with leads) on eBay and retrofit them into the switch bodies. It is possible to get yellow/amber (http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-MM-Water...item1c3ee30f56) and white (http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-MM-White...item2c8027f1a5), if your preferences run that way (and pay close attention to input voltages). It's all going to be work, but if you are clever with small electronics and have patience, you can pretty much get close to exactly what you want.

Another thing to let you know: even though most of these switches' terminals suggest DPST (dual-pole, single-throw) capacity, they will, in fact, be single-pole switches. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns...and good luck!

25+ Posting Member

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Hi , thanks for your advices , i found this one http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...84.m1423.l2649 , now i need a transparent cap where i will put stickers printed on a transparent vinyl , i mean i print several small black square stickers and i write what i want on them in white , so white will be transparent because unprinted area !
    But now the big problem is that i don't know how to design a PCB at all (i'm building a G1000 replica) , need to put these push button and rotary encoders on it .